Michel Faber Plans to Stop Writing Novels

pontalba

Well that was a shocking and unwelcome topic title to see in my list of unread topics! :( But thank you for sharing the news. What a sad, sad story. :( Poor Michel. His wife was obviously everything to him.

Poor Michel Faber :( He seems at a loss, and he seems crushed. But I have this odd sort of respect for him and his decision: if this is what he feels is right and what's to be done, so be it. I hope he can carry on with his life some how and some way. 

Well that was a shocking and unwelcome topic title to see in my list of unread topics! :( But thank you for sharing the news. What a sad, sad story. :( Poor Michel. His wife was obviously everything to him.

I know. It was heartbreaking to read of his situation, just heartbreaking.

I'm so sorry to hear of his wife's cancer and passing :(. I can understand his decision though I do find it a shame as I think he's a talented author. But I understand his decision, his wife must have meant so much to him.

It is understandable, he must be in a state of shock. But that isn't the best time to make life altering, sweeping statements.....I totally understand how he feels at this moment. Fortunately, he can change his mind, or soften his stance. He just has to go by his feelings as they evolve.

Poor Michel Faber :( He seems at a loss, and he seems crushed. But I have this odd sort of respect for him and his decision: if this is what he feels is right and what's to be done, so be it. I hope he can carry on with his life some how and some way.

Absolutely. Hopefully he can someday come to grips with the loss. I well know that right now he thinks he won't, but while some people never get over a loss like that, sometimes, after some period of time (individual to each of us, there is no right or wrong timetable) he will be able to see just what he really wants and needs.

The hardest part is getting from here to there.