Getting Rid of Matthew by Jane Fallon

I've just finished this book, one of the Richard & Judy Summer Reads, and I thought it was brilliant. It's a very light read, but not dumbed down because of it.

It's about Helen, who has been having an affair with Matthew, her married boss, for 4 years. Just as she is starting to think that she is going off him, he leaves his wife and turns up on her doorstep, completely out of the blue. Helen is mortified, even though she has been asking him to leave his wife for years.

What follows is a sometimes hilarious time in which Helen tries to get rid of Matthew. Along the way she makes friends with his wife under an assumed name, kisses his grown up son, and gets herself in various tangles.

I thought it was a great book. There are no spoilers in this, by the way. Everything I have put in this post is already in the blurb.

I read it a while ago and really enjoyed it. I didn't want to like the main character, since she was having an affair, but couldn't help myself

Jane's doing a webchat on the Richard and Judy book forum tomorrow after 6pm, I think.

Kerri

• 1 month later...