What's Up in February?

Janet

I have written a long blog post about what happened yesterday, for which rather than writing it all again, will simply post the link.   I trust that this is okay.

Suffice to say that it has now been dealt with and I await the outcome. As it turns out, the District Manager who heard the case is a good man who will I think look at things fairly. He said that many of the things that had happened were wrong, and should not have happened. What knocked me for six though was that one of my fellow housekeepers gave a signed and written statement (the day that I left - she probably wrote it the moment I walked out the door) in support of our boss, basically saying the exact opposite of everything she had told me. She though has her own conscience to deal with - I know that what goes around comes around, and it most surely will.

The woman from HR who was note taker said that they will only read the bits from my diary that relate to the things I am complaining about, but I get the feeling that the District Manager will in fact read all of it. I hope so, for if he does, he will blown away by some of what I have talked about. They both commented on the quality of my writing, and said they had never seen a letter that was so well written - they are not the first ones to have said this.

I have to though wait for the outcome, for which I have no attachment - what happens happens. I am out of there now for good and have to look to the future. I have an appointment at the Turkish Baths in Epsom this afternoon which will get rid of all the tension and Coran and I will have a quiet day in together, maybe going for a walk up the viewpoint.

So, today then is the first day of my new life ! :smile:       

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think your lack of attachment to the outcome is probably the healthiest and sanest way to be about it all Talisman. I'm glad this is now all done, you have done all you can to make things better, and it rests with others to sort it now. Enjoy your time of relaxation. :smile:

Odd time for me at the moment, I am carrying out a time consuming preparation for decorating (stripping old vinyl wallpaper off TOO MANY walls!), and turning a felled ivy smothered tree into green waste and logs. Today I have visited my parents for lunch and am now relaxing, the decorating and tree can wait until tomorrow for me. :D

I think Chrissy that this is really the only way to view things - I have to hold on to the fact that I was and am not the aggressor here and that everything I told was the truth - the truth as they does indeed set you free. I can hold my head up high knowing that I have dealt with this in the best and only way that was available to me. As for the Turkish Baths - wonderful, I would highly recommend them and think I might become a regular user. :smile: