Books You're Looking Forward to in 2014

Kylie

• 1 month later...

This has just been released in the last couple of days here. I really want it but I already have so many unread Murakamis (which is I why I was just reading Sputnik Sweetheart).

I see you rated it rather highly, I was so pleased! :smile2::D  :friends3:

And I know you have a lot of unread Murakamis, I was there to fight you for them :giggle2::D Good times! 

• 2 weeks later...

And I know you have a lot of unread Murakamis, I was there to fight you for them :giggle2::D Good times! 

Haha. You found way more Murakamis than I did! I was so jealous. I never find any at the book fair when you're not there. :(

The first two chapters of The Rosie Effect are on online, if anyone can't wait until next month to read them. :)

The third instalment of Stephen Fry's autobiography will be released on 25 September. It's called More Fool Me. Yay!

How did I miss this earlier?! I was so gutted when I read the second one and it was getting all interesting and then the book ended, and I knew I would have to wait a long time to read on! 

Haha. You found way more Murakamis than I did! I was so jealous. I never find any at the book fair when you're not there. :(

Hehehe! I think we found pretty much the same number of titles. But why oh why can't you find any when I'm not there?? Are they hiding them under the tables? Will they wait for me? I'm sorry hun!  :empathy: 

The first two chapters of The Rosie Effect are on online, if anyone can't wait until next month to read them. :)

I'm tempted, but I want to wait for the novel! :) 

Hehehe! I think we found pretty much the same number of titles. But why oh why can't you find any when I'm not there?? Are they hiding them under the tables? Will they wait for me? I'm sorry hun!  :empathy:

So you should be. :P

It just crossed my mind that Gregory Maguire has been quiet lately, so I looked him up and found out that he has a new book coming out in early November this year called Egg & Spoon. Here's the synopsis (from the Book Depository):

In this tour de force, master storyteller Gregory Maguire offers a dazzling novel for fantasy lovers of all ages. Elena Rudina lives in the impoverished Russian countryside. Her father has been dead for years. One of her brothers has been conscripted into the Tsar's army, the other taken as a servant in the house of the local landowner. Her mother is dying, slowly, in their tiny cabin. And there is no food. But then a train arrives in the village, a train carrying untold wealth, a cornucopia of food, and a noble family destined to visit the Tsar in Saint Petersburg -- a family that includes Ekaterina, a girl of Elena's age. When the two girls' lives collide, an adventure is set in motion, an escapade that includes mistaken identity, a monk locked in a tower, a prince traveling incognito, and -- in a starring role only Gregory Maguire could have conjured -- Baba Yaga, witch of Russian folklore, in her ambulatory house perched on chicken legs.

The third instalment of Stephen Fry's autobiography will be released on 25 September. It's called More Fool Me. Yay!

Further to this news, Fry is also doing a sort of live reading event that will be streamed live to various cinemas around the world. Cool! There are a few 'indie' cinemas in Sydney participating. I'm undecided whether I'll go. There's a trailer and more information here.