I'm Jake! Hey!

groaka

Hey everyone!

A good friend of mine told me she's had a lot of success meeting people on forums like this. I didn't really know what kind of forum I should sign up for, but I'm reading more and want to meet other people who read, so here I am! 

I'm 21 and live in the states. Like a lot of you I'm sure, I'm a little asocial and spend a lot of time on my laptop or in a book. But that doesn't mean I don't like people! I get along well with pretty much anyone, and I'm always looking to make friends with genuinely nice folks. 

I don't have the MOST extensive reading background, I'm young. But that also means I'm open to recommendations and reading things along with you all! I've enjoyed books from plenty of genres. To me, it's the characters that make it, and character spans every time, setting and genre!

Things I'm looking for:

A Song of Ice and Fire chit-chat

Good horror recommendations. Occult/unknown rather than slasher/thriller. King's IT is one of my favorites. I want something that will legitimately disturb me, I'm addicted to that kind of stuff.

Traditional book-club style reading, with discussion throughout!

New friends!

I'll be as active as I can, any threads you can recommend so I can get my feet wet will be well-received.

Feel free to send me a PM if you want to chat! I'd love to get to know all of you <3

Hi groaka and welcome to the forum, there is a lot of threads on this forum that might interest you. Here is the link (i hope it works) to the book of the month forum. :)

www.bookclubforum.co.uk/community/index.php?/forum/17-reading-circle/

Hey Jake

How are you ?   I'm from Ohio ,but unlike you, I'm not young. I still love books ,though ,so we have a couple things in common . I'm not a huge horror fan, but have read some of Stephen King's books, and 2 of Dean Koontz's , way back when I was young :)

Anyhow, just wanted to welcome you. I know you'll like it here. Terrific people , Just jump in anyplace and start posting. That's the best way to get acquainted .

Welcome here :)!

I just finished reading the first part of the third book in the A Song of Ice and Fire series. So far I'm really enjoying the series, it's quite good. The only thing I don't like is the what I call cringy bits, the violent and sex bits. Have you read all the books so far?

I love IT! I recently re-read it for I think the 4th time and still love it. I have some other books by Stephen King on my shelves, but I haven't read them yet. I read IT for the first time when I was a young teenager (maybe 11 or 12) and have loved it ever since. I'm not really too much into horror anymore these days, but I love IT.

I look forward to discussing books and other things with you :), see you around the forum!