Your Book Activity - November 2013

frankie

Um... I'm still quite not sure where you are getting at... A feature length  of Road to Avonlea? They have made a TV movie of it? If that's the case, I didn't know! :o

I believe Poppyshake is talking about the Anne of Green Gables TV movies. There were three movie-length (or feature-length) TV movies made over a period of about 10 years. Each one goes for two hours or so. Megan Follows is absolutely wonderful as Anne. Here is a link to the official website for the movies. Ooh, there appears to be a fourth one now!*

*Aw, but Megan Follows isn't in it. :(

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe Poppyshake is talking about the Anne of Green Gables TV movies. There were three movie-length (or feature-length) TV movies made over a period of about 10 years. Each one goes for two hours or so. Megan Follows is absolutely wonderful as Anne. Here is a link to the official website for the movies. Ooh, there appears to be a fourth one now!*

Hm, good theory! Maybe it's something else, something alike. I'm going to imdb the actress now, do a little detective work...

Read more of Twenties Girl. There was yet another hilarious episode I'd forgotten :D

Edit: Kylie: She is on an Anne movie! It's called A Continuing Story :) So good thinking, 99! :cool:

Edit: And I definitely remember her being on the TV series, who could forget that beautiful face! :)

Edited by frankie

This is exactly what I'm getting at, yes! I do like Donald Duck and the sort, I used to read them religiously when I was a kid. We had the Donald Duck come in the mail every week and we had these big folders where we then put them... We still have them somewhere. I have to ask Mum where they are when I go home. We also had those bigger books with the longers stories... What do you call the Donald Duck 'magazines'? They're not newspapers, tabloids, and I wouldn't call them magazines, either. Hmph.

x

I used to get the Donald Duck magazine in the mail too! I had a subscription when I was a child, at some point I stopped with it though and switched to a different magazine. I still have a lot of them upstairs in the attic.

x

I read more of Twenties Girl last night. Oh, it's brilliant. One of my favorite chick lit books. So many storylines to follow... And I like the characters :) I don't want it to end!

x

I love Twenties Girl, it's such a great book. I'm glad you're enjoying your re-read of it. Have fun :)!

Hellish week... I only had a little time to finish King's Misery. But now I have Atonement as a paperback and can continue reading it again! Of course, my tablet died when I only had King with me...  I sooooo wanted to read Human Traces, but i had forgotten my book at friend's :motz: And I had lovely time with Lynne Truss' Eats, Shoots & Leaves, Lamb's The Queen's English and only 1/3 of my Warriner's English Grammar and Composition :(  I want to read something more interesting :wibbly:

Yes those are the ones Kylie  :) .. I thought Megan was wonderful too. What a shame she didn't do the last one :(

I started reading Eowyn Ivey - The Snow Child, so far it's pretty good. The pacing's a bit slow perhaps but I'm enjoying reading about the characters and their life. It's a great wintery read.

I'm glad that you are enjoying The Snow Child :smile: . I bought the ebook for 99 pence earlier this week, but haven't started to read it yet.

I'm about half-way through Graveminder. I stumbled on it at random, and I love it.

It's interesting insofar as it is pretty much a typical low fantasy book, as  I usually read, but written more in a style that reminds me of English crime novels.

I started reading Eowyn Ivey - The Snow Child, so far it's pretty good. The pacing's a bit slow perhaps but I'm enjoying reading about the characters and their life. It's a great wintery read.

My husband read and enjoyed The Snow Child, Athena. :)  I must get to it!

I downloaded World War Z by Max Brooks last night. Have been after this book for a while so I'm so pleased to finally have got it :D

Oh, I loved this one! :D

I thoroughly enjoyed The Snow Child, not great if you like exciting reads but it was wonderfully atmospheric and a great book to read in the winter! I hope you enjoy it too. :)

I liked The Snow Child as well. It's a nice read for a cold night. :smile:

I finally finished The Grapes of Wrath. What an exhausting read, but I enjoyed every word of it.

Not sure what to read next. I think I'm partway through a non-fiction on my Kindle, so I might get back to that. I feel like I need something a bit light-hearted as well, after The Grapes of Wrath.

My husband read and enjoyed The Snow Child, Athena. :)  I must get to it!

x

I thoroughly enjoyed The Snow Child, not great if you like exciting reads but it was wonderfully atmospheric and a great book to read in the winter! I hope you enjoy it too. :)

x  

I loved The Snow Child, Athena! It's a little slow at the beginning, but then it just turns wonderful. Hope you'll like it.

I liked The Snow Child as well. It's a nice read for a cold night. :smile:

x

I'm glad to hear all the positive comments about The Snow Child. I'm currently on page 164, over a third of the way through but not yet half. I'm really enjoying it so far.

Only 60 more pages of Snow Flower and the Secret Fan to read :smile: . The book has been gripping since the last 100 pages, and I have been outraged at the treatment of women in 1800's China :o  :mad:  :motz: ! Great book though  :smile: .

I loved The Snow Child too Gaia .. perfect winter reading :)

At last I've finished The Luminaries :boogie: have got to get my thoughts into some sort of shape for the review (or I could just talk about toast :D I believe there was a mention or two :blush2:) Also finished The Turn of the Screw (and it's my first proper Kindle read so very pleased that I continued to pick it up etc .. not a long read but longer than the others I've read on it.) Henry James frustrates the life out of me ... I can't see me attempting him again because he is too much like hard work and not enough like pleasurable work :D