Which book is this?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ok, here's the next one ...

Xxxx Xxxxxxxxxx, in a third-class carriage with five other travellers in it, leaned her head back and shut her eyes.  How hot it was travelling by train today!  It would be nice to get to the sea!  Really a great piece of luck getting this job.  When you wanted a holiday post it nearly always meant looking after a swarm of children - secretarial holiday posts were much more difficult to get.  Even the agency hadn't held out much hope.

Ohhh, ohhh.... I'm pretty sure I have read this one, and am sort-of sure the author... But I only read it from library, and I can't remember the title  :doh:  Is it written by Dodie Smith?...

:D Thank you. So, here it is.

˝*** ****** pursed his lips. ˝I regret that I cannot indulge your childish whims, but I refuse to pity you in the manner to which you are well accustomed.˝ ˝I don´t want your pity,˝ I said.˝

I had just read a about this book a day or two ago and this quote was mentioned :P luck was with me as my brain actually remembered the title :)

Here's the quote:

"If you know anything about temples you will realize they have a single imposing entrance at the front. If you know anything about priests, you will have noticed they usually have a discreet little door for themselves somewhere at the back. The priests of Saturn did not disappoint us."

It is more of mystery genre :) and here's an added clue... its set in ancient Rome so you can add historical fiction to the list :)

It looks like it is just you and me at the moment lol!