Which book is this?

There is a really famous 70s film version, starring Jenny Agutter, Dinah Sheridan and Bernard Cribbins - and a 90s version with Gregor Fisher, Jemima Rooper and... Jenny Agutter in it.

It's set in London (a bit) and Yorkshire (a lot) and has the line destined to make me cry every time I watch or read it... "Oh, my Daddy! My Daddy!"  :wibbly:

If that doesn't give it away then nothing will!  :lol:

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You pretty much had to hand that one over on a Christmassy decorated platter Janet. :D

Here goes.........

Within, I could hear both the noise - louder now because the door was open - and the sound of the dog, pattering anxiously about and sniffing and snuffling as she went.

Edited by Chrissy

Sorry I haven't done one earlier, but I fell asleep in front of the telly last night and just didn't get around to it! :blush:

Anyway, here's the next quote:

XXXXX sat in a taxi with a strange man and he had the effrontery to put his arm round her, and XXXXX ... XXXXX relaxed.  She sank in her seat.  She laid her head on his shoulder.  She had never been so wicked in her life and she had never been so happy.  She wasn't going to pretend any more.

No, sorry.

Here's a second quote ... the opening paragraph:

XXXXX pushed open the door of the employment agency and went in as the clock struck a quarter past nine.  She had, as usual, very little hope, but to-day the Principal greeter her with a more cheerful smile.