Fruity

Kreader

I've just noticed that I haven't seen any topic on fruit.  I like fruits.  My favorites are mangoes (not the average supermarket ones found in the UK), watermelon and banana.

There are those that I don't get regularly but enjoy them when I get them;

tamarind

guava

star fruit 

kumquats

The rarer ones;

Guanabana (soursop)

pomcythere/dune plum (golden apple and no it has nothing to do with apples in Europe or North America)

I even like grapefruit but strange enough I don't like lychees.

What are you favorites?  What would you also like to try even if its just once?  I'd like to try a jackfruit.

I don't care for exotic fruits much. I've tried a lot of them, but I think they are more sold for novelty rather than flavor.

I love grapes, strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, grapefruit/pomelo and granysmith apples. Everything that's a bit tart.

I'd love to try Durian sometime. I've seen desserts with artificial durian flavor, but I don't think you'll come by the real thing easily.

I was reading today that sales of fruit are down in the UK .. we have developed 'fruit apathy' apparently .. and this is said to be down to the increase of sugary snacks which have diverted us away from the fruit bowl. That's sad :( .. fruit is so good for us.

I like apples and bananas in particular but also most soft fruits, pineapple and melons, grapes, oranges, peaches and plums.

I don't particularly like blueberries .. there's something a bit perfumey in taste about them and for the same reason I'm not mad about passionfruit. I'm not so keen on the bitter taste of grapefruit either (I love lemon .. but only in things :D)

I've never eaten a fig .. or at least not a fresh fig .. and I would like to so must put that right before long. 

My favourite fruit would have to be apricots but I eat just about any fruit I've ever met. The only one I don't like is the banana passionfruit, it made me sick once when I was a child (they used to grow wild where I lived) and I've never liked them since.

I don't care for exotic fruits much. I've tried a lot of them, but I think they are more sold for novelty rather than flavor.

I love grapes, strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, grapefruit/pomelo and granysmith apples. Everything that's a bit tart.

I'd love to try Durian sometime. I've seen desserts with artificial durian flavor, but I don't think you'll come by the real thing easily.

I don't consider some of my favorite fruits to be exotic since I got a taste for them in the Caribbean right off the trees in most cases.  Those taste much better than those mass grown for export to supermakets.

Oh how could I have forgotten to mention pineapple, its delicious.  I have to be careful though, I have a mild allergy to it so I rarely have in and if I do I have a minute portion.  Kiwi seems the same way.  It burns my lips and tongue slightly but taste great.

I eat bananas and clementines/satsumas/tangerines (never quite sure the difference, but prefer seedless ones) every day, and I love pears, although not those bullet pears you get from supermarkets.  Fresh pears I only eat in season and when I can get direct from orchards - we got to a farmers market once a month and there is a stall for one of the local orchards there, and we also try and go direct to another orchard where they have a shop on site and stock up on pears and apples when they're in season.

I don't particularly like blueberries .. there's something a bit perfumey in taste about them and for the same reason I'm not mad about passionfruit. I'm not so keen on the bitter taste of grapefruit either (I love lemon .. but only in things :D)
I've never eaten a fig .. or at least not a fresh fig .. and I would like to so must put that right before long. 

I'm pretty safe in my tastes in fruit, so I've never tried things like passion fruit or fresh figs, but I do like blueberries cooked in cakes! I'm not a fan of fresh strawberries or raspberries though, as I can't bear those tiny pips, although I don't mind the flavour of them in ice creams or syrups, but even then I could take or leave them.

I go through stages of devouring grapes, getting through a big bunch every few days, and then I go off them for months. Same with pineapple.

I mainly like strawberries, bananas, apples and pears. I can't eat too much apple or my belly hurts, I used to be allergic to apple juice, nowadays I can eat half an apple at a time but not a whole one or my stomach starts to act up. I've tried mango but my belly acted up greatly after that (I love to drink mango smoothies and juices though). I also like pinapple but I don't eat it that often. That's all I can think of atm. I'm trying to lose weight and eat healthier so I'm eating a bit more fruit these days than I used to (of course I used to drink orange juice which I don't do very often any more). I love orange juice but I don't like to eat oranges. When I was a child I loved grape juice but nowadays I wouldn't want it anymore (I never liked grapes). I think whether I like something or not has partially to do with its texture and some textures I don't like.

I like some apples but only the ones grown in our own garden, as although they are hard to bite into, I have noticed that sometime over the last few years that apples from supermarkets are as hard as rocks, also are pretty tasteless.I like bananas when they are yellow and black streaked on the outside, they are the most flavoursome ones.I like red seedless grapes, apricots, strawberries, raspberries. I can't eat anything lemon flavoured [even though I do like the taste] but I like a slice of lime in my G&T. :D I also like the red [inside] melon, pears when they are really ripe and tasty, and that's about all. For some reason I can't bring myself to eat any kind of orange, tangerine etc.although I drink fresh pressed orange juice.

My everyday fave fruit is banana. Then as seasonal fruits,  I love fresh apricots, fresh figs and the Japanese variety of persimmons. They are a longer bodied fruit than the usual sharron fruit, and when they are ripe they feel so soft, like a raw egg without the hard shell. They taste divine, difficult to describe - mango-ish with a hint of 'boiled fruit sweet' hint. Only find these persimmons in a local whole-food shop, and their season is very short.

I alway have one each Apple, Banana and Orange every day. I buy enough so I always have those on hand. Then I will buy "a guest fruit" which changes every week but it is often Pineapple, Kiwi or Galia Melon. The other thing I eat everyday is Tomato , which is also really a fruit, that is supposed to protect against male forms of cancer. I also like Broccoli, Carrot (raw or cooked)  and Peppers, and I eat a jacket potato about once a week. Oh and I put onion in almost everything I cook.

like poppy, I don't recall ever eating a fruit that I didn't like. I probably eat more apples and peaches than any other type of fruit but only because they are easily obtainable from the orchards. My wife made an apple pie (from Piney River Gold apples) last week and it was great, one of the better pies she has made.

Berries - I love blackberries and blueberries. I also like strawberries and raspberries. Blackberry pie with a small scoop of vanilla ice cream is wonderful.

Edited by muggle not

I'm pretty boring when it comes to fruit..

The only fruit I find myself eating whole and by themselves are bananas, mango, coconut, rockmelon and raspberries.

When it comes to other fruit like apples and peaches for example I can never just peel/chop them and gobble them up. They need to be in something like a slice or cake.

My most hated would be watermelon, grapes, oranges and strawberries! Can't stand the texture of any of them.

I think the only fruit I've ever disliked was Guava - athough I admit that was tinned, so probably that doesn't count. Not sure I could pick a favourite, although I eat apple more than any other fruit. They were some wild blackberries growing where I park the car at work. Every night I had a handfull before I got in the car!