Has anyone read...?

Janet

Anyone out there read A Dangerous Fortune by Ken Follett?

i just finished it up 2 days ago and was hoping someone else had read it. :) (I know this thread is technically for books you're THINKING about reading, but it seemed the most appropriate spot to check quickly, since I did a search and found no one.)

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah thats it not something I would usually read. Its about a kidnapping but its writting in letters to her kidnapper, shes only 16 and is kidnapped whilst on holiday and taken to outback in Australia. Anyway the guy has been watching her for years and takes her to Australia to start a new life because hes tired of living in the city. I think anyway lol it does sound really good but alot of the reviews say the ending is pretty bad which totally puts me off.

Edited by Nollaig
Grammar.

Has anyone read The Year of Our War, No Present Like Time and/or The Modern World by Steph Swainston? I found these books in the bookshop today, they were all collected together under the name The Castle Omnibus and they seemed like they might be a good read.

Are those the ones where there's immortals whose immortality can be taken away from them if their ruler is displeased? If so, I haven't read them but was pondering doing so, therefore you should read them and tell me what you think :friends0:.

Ah but you see, I've been pondering this long because although the trilogy sounds awesome in concept some of the reviews I've read imply naughty bits which I don't want to read :friends0: hence I need someone to tell me if there's any hanky panky going on in there before I can pick them up, or upsetness of the BookJumper will ensue.

And you just happened to know that I'm exceedingly raunchy and it wouldn't hurth me and my naughty ways to read the books? :friends0: I think we will have to wait for yet another person who's wondering about the books to show up :censored: Unless I can find them in a library or something.

You're welcome :censored: I was just looking through my Amazon wishlists and it looks like I actually added the first book about 4 years ago. High time I bought it really :friends0:

I did just go and order the books :friends0: In my defence though, the first one has been on my wishlist for years and it would have been rude not to buy them all :censored:

Has anyone read The Girl On The Landing by Paul Torday? From the blurb I've read it looks quite good but I'm not 100% sure whether to get it or not :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
Everyone is telling me about this book- just wondered if anyone's read it and if its as good as they say?

I have read The Nostradamus Prophecies and thoroughly enjoyed it. I got through it in 2 days. It has a little bit of a Dan Brown feel to it.