Acesare*'s List

Acesare*

There is a book I want to read, and it's not by Stephen King!!! :omg:

My Dad's reading it at the moment and I saw the picture on the front and read the blurb while I was visiting my parents at the weekend. I HAVE to get that book.

Now, if I could just remember what it was called and who wrote it, I'll be right there! :book:

Actually, might swing by Waterstones on the way home . . .

Jo xx

• 3 weeks later...

I actually have some books to add to my reading list! I'm currently reading "Allen Carr's Easyway to Stop Smoking", then I have:

Cat Confidential by Vicky Halls (I am completely in love with cats so had to get this)

From the Edge of the Couch by Raj Persaud (accounts of psychiatric episodes in real people)

Going for a little bit of Non-Fiction at the moment, and when those two are done, I might find some more!

Jo xx

Hey what's this? An early new year's resolution?....but you still did not venture to non-fiction by other authors.....

I assume you mean venture into fiction by other authors. Actually, I am considering it (when I said I am considering some more, I meant different types of book, not just non-fiction). I'm going to stay comfy until I go home to my parents at Christmas, then I think I'll raid my Dad's bookcase, maybe read some Dan Brown, Terry Pratchet, or at least steal back the 3 King books Dad borrowed from me!

Jo xx

Oh, and the story behind Acesare is really boring. I was at work. There was a powercut and I was think about how I wanted a new internet name to fool my mates online. I was playing cards and decided that they might hold the inspiration. I considered various Queens, Jack, Hearts, etc, then thought it would be quite cool to have a name that could be shortened to Ace. I started thinking "What are Aces? Aces are . . .High? No. Aces are . . . Low? Nah. Aces are . . . ? Aces are . . . ? Ah! Acesare!

Really dull, huh? :ns:

Now, the story about how I got my other internet ID, Spankmankle, is more interesting . . . . :wink:

Jo xx

Oh, and the story behind Acesare is really boring. I was at work. There was a powercut and I was think about how I wanted a new internet name to fool my mates online. I was playing cards and decided that they might hold the inspiration. I considered various Queens, Jack, Hearts, etc, then thought it would be quite cool to have a name that could be shortened to Ace. I started thinking "What are Aces? Aces are . . .High? No. Aces are . . . Low? Nah. Aces are . . . ? Aces are . . . ? Ah! Acesare!

So the * is for the wildcard?

Now, the story about how I got my other internet ID, Spankmankle, is more interesting . . . . :wink:

I'm also wondering what sort of sites you need that one for?!

Really dull, huh? :ns:

Jo xx

Nah...I liked it! And now I also know how to pronounce it! :D

Actually, to be completely honest, although Spankmankle really is an alter ego of mine, I didn't come up with the name, my Brother did and I don't actually know where it came from. :D

Now, as for my *:

Basically, long story short, I was in York with a group of people I'd met on the internet, when a young chap in our party collapsed from drinking far too much. I held him in the recovery position while he thrashed about regardless and prevented him from injuring himself (he was semi-conscious and was trying to fight who knows what!) until the ambulance arrived. I went with him to the hospital, waited there until 4am, went back to my hotel then walked back to the hospital to pick him up at 6am. I dragged him back to my hotel room and sat with him until he'd slept off the worst of it.

I ended up with grazed knuckles (from holding his head off the ground) and completely covered in vomit, and was awared my little *:.

Jo xx

• 3 weeks later...

You won't believe it - real books to go on my reading list! :D

The Da Vinci Code

The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nighttime

Heard you guys mention them so often I've borrowed them off a friend and will be digging in in the next day or so (when I've finished my current tome).

Jo xx