Your Book Activity - September 2013

chesilbeach

Oh no, i hope I didn't pass on the no mojo virus!

x

Too late for that already :giggle2:. I think I'm about half way through the book and so far I'm really enjoying it :).

x x

That's good news!

x x

I hope you won't get into a slump!

LOL  This is usual for me.  I'll read like mad for a while, then back off, and float along not reading much.  :blush2:

Don't think my mojo has done a runner. :)

Edited by pontalba

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How was this, Claire?  :)  It's been on my wish list for aaages!

It was a bit of a slow starter, and I had a few niggles along the way, but on the whole it was good, and I'm going to read the next one in the series. I still think his memoirs were better though. :)

x

Too late for that already :giggle2:. I think I'm about half way through the book and so far I'm really enjoying it :).

Haha, I knew it! :D I should really get to reading that book, too. But I'm afraid of the number of books I'll be adding to my wishlist... :blush: I'm also maybe a bit hesitant to read it because there might be spoilers... But I think it will be a great read :yes:

It was a bit of a slow starter, and I had a few niggles along the way, but on the whole it was good, and I'm going to read the next one in the series. I still think his memoirs were better though. :)

Thanks.   :)   I think I'll give it a miss for now unless I find it in a charity shop or something.

I read the first two Gervase Phinn books - The Other Side of the Dale and Over Hill and Dale - years and years ago but found the latter a bit samey at the time.

I've had Head Over Heels in the Dales on my 'to read' pile for a long, long time too but put it off because of the similarities but it's been so long that I think I'd get on with it now.  :)

That's if my mojo ever returns.  :(:rolleyes:

That's if my mojo ever returns.  :(:rolleyes:

I'm sure it'll return soon enough! :empathy:   You had such a great holiday that there was no room for reading. Once things get back to normal, you'll be flying through the pages as usual :yes:

Edited by frankie

Started reading Digital Fortress by Dan Brown last night, almost finished it in a little over 24 hours! Next up is Lonesome Traveler by Jack Kerouac.

Gave up on the Kerouac book, read The Cobra by Carl Froch with Niall Hickman instead. Now a third of the way through Somewhere in Time by Richard Matheson.

I'm currently reading two books: City of Bones by Cassandra Clare and Broken to piaces by Avery Stark.

I tried to read City of bones, but the genre is different than my favorite, for this reason I didn't appreciate it so much. In the same time I won't let this book incomplete, so I'll finish it... one day XD

Broken to pieces is nice, so far. But there're a lot of clichè...

See you at the next updating :D

I finished Magic Bites yesterday night.

The beginning was a bit rough around the edges, and the cover art made me doubt a good choice, but I found myself enjoying it despite of that. The dialogs get certainly better, though I still find Kate a bit undefined and the romance part seemed to be entirely pointless. But I'll certainly try to get the rest of the series in sometimes.

Today I started on Cursed and got in 3 chapters. I love it already.

Thanks to bookworm for both of the tips. :)

I recently saw this book for sale, however it was in Dutch. I probably would've bought it if it was in English. I hope you enjoy it :)!

Thanks, it's certainly worth a read from what I've read so far. I managed to pick it up quite cheaply but I wouldn't suggest paying full price for it as it's only a maybe 4-6 hour read in total.

Finished The Cuckoo's Calling by Robert Galbraith,excellent crime debut from Rowling. Started The Unseen by Katherine Webb,and picked up library request of Secrets Of The Sea House by Elisabeth Gifford.

Today I have read 279 pages of The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern - I think this might be the book that revives my aisling reading mojo!  :D

I like to hear this - both that you're loving the book, and that your mojo is reviving. :)

I've almost finished More Than This by Patrick Ness.. it's a very gripping book, well written, and I'm looking forward to being able to discuss it with others. 

Today I have read 279 pages of The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern - I think this might be the book that revives my aisling reading mojo!  :D

Very pretty, Janet. :) I'm glad you're enjoying it.

I like to hear this - both that you're loving the book, and that your mojo is reviving. :)

I've almost finished More Than This by Patrick Ness.. it's a very gripping book, well written, and I'm looking forward to being able to discuss it with others. 

Is this Ness' new novel? I loved The Monster Calls, so I look forward to your thoughts on this.

I've been reading Inkheart by Cornelia Funke. This is perhaps the tenth book I've started this year without actually finishing any of the others. I've enjoyed them all but have such limited time to read and because it takes me so long to read a book, I keep getting distracted by all the others I have waiting for me.  :blush2: I'm about 130 pages into this already, so fingers crossed that I'll finish a book soon!

Very pretty, Janet. :) I'm glad you're enjoying it.

Thanks, guys. :)   I managed to get to page 306 last night and I can't wait to get stuck into it again later.   It captured me from the start - I'm looking forward to discussing it at my book club even more now!

x

Excellent!! I'm glad you're enjoying it. I'll get around to reading it sooner or later :P..

Thanks, it's certainly worth a read from what I've read so far. I managed to pick it up quite cheaply but I wouldn't suggest paying full price for it as it's only a maybe 4-6 hour read in total.

x

Glad to hear that it's worth a read :). Yeah I'll probably wait and see if I can pick it up cheaply at some point.