Peep Show

frankie

I didn't see a thread dedicated to this superb TV show so I decided to start one, as I'm currently going through eps, and have gotten to season 4.

I'm now watching the wedding episode and I'm just bursting out laughing. The dialogue in this show is bloody brilliant :D

Mark Corrigan:
shhhhhhh, Jez, I don't think I can do it, I don't think I have a good enough reason to call off this wedding.

Jeremy Usborne:
I know a reason.

Mark Corrigan:
What?

Jeremy Usborne:
I've got a reason for you not to marry Sophie, but you have to promise you won't be angry with me.

Mark Corrigan:
What is it? Did you get off with her?

Jeremy Usborne:
No! God. Something else, but you've got to promise not to be angry.

Mark Corrigan:
[Impatiently]
OK, I promise, release the gold.

Jeremy Usborne:
OK. Well, actually I did get off with her. I snogged her at the JLB Conference.

Mark Corrigan:
What? You're kidding! You're my best friend and you copped off with my
fiancee? You... lovely 'person of dubious parentage'! This is dynamite! This is the perfect
excuse! Why the hell didn't you tell me about this earlier?

Jeremy Usborne:
Well, I thought you might be angry.

Mark Corrigan:
I am angry, very angry, but also incredibly relieved! It's difficult to express both emotions at once!

'This is dynamite' :D Oh I'm so happy for Mark!! :smile2:

Jez is bursting for a wee but they have to hide so he can't go and he says

"I feel like someone's inflating a balloon full of urine inside me...and not in a good way.."

:lol: What is the good way, then?!?

Edit: Oh yay! Turns out I've only ever seen the first 4 seasons of Peep Show, so I have a lot of new-to-me episodes to watch! Brilliant :smile2:

Edited by frankie

They've introduced a new character, Dobbie (Dobby?). I love her :D She's just perfect for you know who. The bit in the office closet was quite legendary :D And when Jeff made a nasty joke about Mark, she was all singsongy, dancy -like 'Oh everybody quiet, everybody shut up, Jeff make a joke :23_sing:   :rolleyes: ' :lol:

Edited by frankie

• 2 years later...

Thanks for that very much, it made a good read! Made me want to watch the show again, right from the start :D Which isn't a bad idea, seeing that there's now a new season... I wonder if they're ever going to show it in Finland. I think they've only shown the first 4 seasons on TV on here :( I had to watch the rest on youtube! (I didn't mind, though! Can't complain for free access to the show! :blush:)