Hi everyone

TintagliaIceFyre

Hi, thanks all!

Welcome Tintag!  What sort of books do you like?

Hi, thanks vodkafan! I tend to read fantasy/supernatural/romance type books eg. The Mortal Instruments Series, Twilight Saga, Vampire Academy and its spinoff Bloodlines (especially liked The Indigo Spell), I particularly like books that are about, or involve, dragons- as my username shows; I have read The Rain Wild Chronicles, to be honest, I liked the parts with the dragons more than reading about all the human/keeper relationships, sexual endeavours, trysts, etc. (which are quite, uh, detailed, )!!!

I quite like The Inheritance Cycle by Christopher Paolini as well. So yeah, those are only a few, I've read loads more but won't put all of them here to bore everyone! Thanks for the welcomes!

The Mortal Instruments series books one and three are on my wishlist, I own books two and four. I'll wait until I have all four books before I start reading the series. I like dragons too, have you read the Dragonriders of Pern series? The Rain Wild Chronicles series is partially on my shelf (I haven't bought book three yet I believe, not sure if it's out in paperback yet). I've read Eragon but not yet the other books in the Inheritance series. I liked Eragon though! I bought this series in hardcover and they're quite big and heavy so that's why I haven't read more of it XD.

Hi Athena (great name:D) Yeah, I enjoy reading The Mortal Instruments, I'm currently on book three, City of Glass. Have you heard there's the film adaptation (City of Bones) coming in August? I'm not really sure if I'm going to the cinema to see it yet, it looked quite cool from the trailer, but undecided at the moment!

There's just something about dragons, their image, the power, beauty, when you see them in countless paintings, sketches etc. I've always loved the whole idea of them!

No, I haven't read the Dragonriders of Pern, I was wondering just a while ago if I should give them a try, but didn't follow through with getting any, but they sound quite interesting from the summary :)

Yeah, I've yet to read the last Rain Wild book, the third one is out in paperback now.

I know what you mean about the Inheritance series, I've got them in hardcover too, I thought Eragon was quite heavy at the time, and then you get to the other books and...ok, yeah, that's quite a lot of pages!!! Good weight-lifting exercises I guess! ;)