Looking for a good intelligent book on how to clear me mind

Hello, I'm new here and I'd like to ask for your help in finding the right book for me.

After facing a breakup, I realized that once again I've been getting dull and less productive and happy in anything I do.

My problem is that I over think  about my troubles and cannot clear my mind and focus on work or anything else for that matter.

I'd like to be able to clear my mind and focus on things, and I thought maybe I'll find the answer in a book, as this sounds like quite a common problem.

Last thing, I'm highly intelligent and get bored with books "for the masses". I like a fast pace as I grasp ideas quickly and get bored when they're ground the powder again and again

Thank you for you help!

Hello, with so many so-called mind fixing books on the shelves I guess it is difficult to find a quick fix to the stresses of life's battles!  However, many years ago and on recommendation from various friends and family members of all ages and both sexes who had read it, I too, read "You Can Heal Your Life" by Louise Hay.  Now, stop wincing, yes, it was written by an American lady a long time ago in which she is suggesting all kinds of apparently sound advice on how to cope and believe in yourself. And that is just the point. Affirmation, affirmation, affirmation! When was the last time you looked at yourself in the mirror and told yourself just how fabulous you are?! It actually works!

Good luck :)

I've read quite a few books by Pema Chodron who is a buddhist nun & can recommend When Things Fall Apart, you don't have to be a buddhist to benefit from the teachings & she gives practical advice for dealing with difficult times. Also Emotional Clearing by John Ruskan is a book i've found helpful  :smile:

By the way i also read Man's Search For Meaning & found it very interesting as well. I hope you feel better soon.

I've read quite a few books by Pema Chodron who is a buddhist nun & can recommend When Things Fall Apart, you don't have to be a buddhist to benefit from the teachings & she gives practical advice for dealing with difficult times. Also Emotional Clearing by John Ruskan is a book i've found helpful  :smile:

By the way i also read Man's Search For Meaning & found it very interesting as well. I hope you feel better soon.

Pema Chodron's books are great reads, she is one of my favourite Buddhist writers.

Pema Chodron's books are great reads, she is one of my favourite Buddhist writers.

Mine too, i have quite a few of her audio books as well that i keep coming back to  :smile: