Abielle's Reading in 2013

AbielleRose

I know I'm a bit late starting this, but the last 4 months have been really intense... so... a late thread is better than no thread, right? 

*shifty eyes* 

I'm just going to start off slow and list the books sitting on my bedside table. 

Currently Reading: 

Bridget Jones's Diary by Helen Fielding

TBR: 

Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason by Helen Fielding

The Hunger Games Trilogy by Suzanne Collins

Les Miserables by Victor Hugo

Divergent by Veronica Roth

Matched by Ally Condie

The Fault In Our Stars by John Green

The Casual Vacancy by J.K. Rowlling

A Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harkness

Hourglass by Myra McEntire

Titanic Survivor by Violet Jessop

Re-Reads:

Name of the Star by Maureen Johnson

Across the Universe by Beth Revis

Paranormalcy by Kiersten White

Plan To Buy: 

The Madness Underneath by Maureen Johnson

It's not a huge list, but it's good enough to get me started. I'm a little more than halfway through Bridget Jones (one of my all time favorites) and am hoping to just jump in and get this list read within a couple months. 

Edited by AbielleRose

Hey Ooshie! It's been good so far this year. I've been working more on writing and reading friend's novels (beta reading) than just kicking back and enjoying candy from Mt. TBR so far, but I'm setting a goal of 2 books a week to devour. 

Hope yours has been going well, too! 

Your writing and reading your friend's novels sounds more than interesting enough to have tempted you away from Mount TBR!  (I still refuse to have an official TBR, it would scare me so much I would never get any more reading done at all...)   I haven't got quite as much reading done this year as I do sometimes Jan/Feb but hey, there's time yet! :D  Two books a week sounds a really good goal :) x

I actually just sold 5 shelves worth of books and am trying to get down to the ones I haven't read and the ones I can't stand letting go of. A lot of the books I was hanging on to were ones I was never going to touch again but was holding on to because... well, books. 

Heh, not having a TBR pile sounds freeing! If you see something you like, go get it and don't worry about the ones you have sitting at home. :D

That's exactly what I do!  I do occasionally have a clear out of books I am sure I will never read (usually ones given to me by my Mum that just aren't what I like), but otherwise they all just sit there, comfy and happy and waiting for me to get to them...one day :)

Well done you getting rid of 5 shelves worth!  If I have enjoyed a book then I do hold on to it because i don't have a very good memory and after a wee while I don't remember what happened in a story and can enjoy it all over again :blush2:

Hey, I only joined this forum this year so you probably don't know me and I don't know you, but I wish you happy reading this year! There are quite a few great books on your TBR list :).

Hey Athena! Nice to meet you :) This forum is a good one and it's nice to be back. :) Hope we get a chance to chat some around the threads! 

Yay! Welcome back, Abby! I've missed you.  :friends3:

:friends3: Aww, I missed you, too, Kylie! I thought about you the other day when I was watching the women's golf tournament in Australia and saw all those kangaroos take over the course! Best golf tournament I've seen. :D

Hi Abi, nice to see you back again hope you have a good reading year this year  :smile:

Hey Kidsmum! I hope you have a great reading year, too! :D

:friends3: Aww, I missed you, too, Kylie! I thought about you the other day when I was watching the women's golf tournament in Australia and saw all those kangaroos take over the course! Best golf tournament I've seen. :D

Hehe. I didn't hear about the roos on the golf course. What clever animals—they obviously know how boring golf is and wanted to liven it up a bit. :D

They really made the story.  :D We Americans find kangahoppits really amusing. :D

Aww, she did? Michelle couldn't have found two better book nuts :D

*shines halo* 

I'm always good :D

*hides horns* 

Edited by AbielleRose

Happy Reading in 2013 Abby! 

I don't know if you remember me, I've only been here just over a year and two weeks now :)

I found a few more books on another shelf that I'd like to read before selling them:

The Lady Elizabeth by Alison Weir

Scarpetta by Patricia Cornwall

A Wrinkle in Time by Madeline L'Engle

Sundays at Tiffany's by James Patterson

Maureen Johnson's The Madness Underneath comes out today and I keep willing the clock to tick faster so I can go get it when the store opens. I can't wait to tuck in and spend the rest of the day reading it! Feels like its been forever since I finished a book the same day I bought it. Should be a good day. :)

Did I mention I have a 20% off coupon, too? :D

Edited by AbielleRose

Frankie! *tacklehugs* 

It was just 5 shelves so all in all, not *too* many. :D One shelf was old ARCs I'd been wanting to give away for a while that I'd gotten for free working for the bookstore. Actually, most of the books I got rid of were ones I got for cheap or free. Room for more now. ;)

I've been around... just felt bad coming on here when I was in such a (lack of) reading funk. How have you been? What are you up to these days? 

Frankie! *tacklehugs* 

*Rolling on the floor, tacklegiggling*

It was just 5 shelves so all in all, not *too* many. :D One shelf was old ARCs I'd been wanting to give away for a while that I'd gotten for free working for the bookstore. Actually, most of the books I got rid of were ones I got for cheap or free. Room for more now. ;)

Wow, that was a serious misreading on my part :D But 5 shelves is still plenty! I know how easily books can accumulate when you get them for free or very cheap: you decide to get on board with books you wouldn't otherwise go out of your way to acquire and read. And then all of a sudden, TBR is mega huge, and there are all these 'meh...?' books standing in the way of the more likely to be great reads.

I've been around... just felt bad coming on here when I was in such a (lack of) reading funk. How have you been? What are you up to these days? 

Well I hope this place rubs off on you and bad funk goes away, in comes modjo! :yes: I'm looking for work these days, and I'm trying to get a place to study the field of library sometime in the (hopefully near) future. I found my calling last autumn when I was doing a 2 month work practice at the local library! :)