Blogs and vlogs

Athena

I wasn't sure if this should be in General Book Discussion or General Chat, since it can be about books but doesn't have to be.

I like to read people's blogs and while I know there are a few of you who have a link in their signature, I thought it might be nice to make a topic about it. I follow a few book blogs, also from some people here. Anyone has a blog that may be interesting to read (that I don't already follow)? :P

I have a blog but I haven't posted on it in a while. It wasn't just about books, it was also about my university work and other things. Not many people actually seemed interested (my family is usually too busy to read it for example) so after a while I kind of felt like I was writing for myself and why would I need a blog to do that, I mean I don't necessarily need to put my thoughts online then. I enjoyed it though at the time. I could always start writing on it again.. hmm. I do like to write.

I quite like that here on this forum we can all have our own book topic and write our reviews there, that's really quite nice :).

On occasion I watch some YouTube videos (book vlogging I guess?) about books, where people talk about the books they read or purchased, and show them. There aren't many channels I watch regularly. To be honest, due to my condition I can't watch as many videos as I'd like since it's too tiring. I was wondering if there's anyone here who does something like this too (or am I the only one watching YouTube videos about books)? The thing is that most of them that I find (ie. by searching 'books' or something through YouTube (or book haul, book shelf tour)) seem to be younger people reading Young-Adult (often Paranormal) books. I've found a few though that read more adult books and whose videos are interesting. Not that there's anything wrong with Young-Adult or Paranormal, but I think there are many other great books out there too.

Up until quite recently we had a thread promoting people's blogs, but it wasn't really widely used and was full of links from people who joined and posted their links and then disappeared from the forum.  

As you said, there is the section for personal book blogs here, and also the forum for members to have threads about whatever they like (a sub-forum of General chat and only 10 posts required for access :)  ) so hopefully that's all the bases covered.  :)

I've never actually seen any YouTube videos about books - I will have to go and have a nosy there.  :)