What are you too lazy to do?

emelee

I am the queen of lazy myself. That's why I'm asking what you guys and girls are too lazy to do?

Personally, I am too lazy to cook, too lazy to wash the dishes, too lazy to clean, too lazy to wash my clothes, too lazy to do homework in good time........ It is no wonder why my apartment looks like it does. I litteraly wash my dishes once a week. I let it become a mountain first, which is just silly because then it takes like an hour to do the dishes. 

My homework gets done last minute. But I work fast, so they DO get done on time. I wrote my bachelor thesis that we got 10 weeks to do in only 1 and a half week. 

So... Please tell me what you are sometimes too lazy to do!! :)

Ditto to everything you said, Emelee. As I'm writing this, I'm way behind on a thesis I'm supposed to be editing. It is due in about 12 hours and I've had little sleep in the past few days, but I've found plenty of time to procrastinate (part of my procrastination included printing out an amusing sign I found on Facebook about procrastination  :giggle2:). My house has steadily been getting messier and I found ants in my kitchen yesterday from where I hadn't thrown out some pizza boxes.  :blush2:

Generally, I've gotten better since I got a dishwasher. It is the best thing I think I have ever owned. My dishes used to pile up in the sink, but even lazy ol' me isn't too lazy to stack the dishwasher.

This describes me perfectly:

post-3835-0-37255600-1360089865_thumb.jpg

Ahhh, my old friend Procrastination!  I know him well.  /sigh/

I wouldn't call it laziness emelee.  Exactly.  Really, life is too short to spend it doing endlessly boring and repetitive tasks.  Housework is the pits, the absolutely P-I-T-S.  Of course, a certain amount of it must be done and I find it best to accomplish in spurts.  My energy spurts usually come either at around 3 in the afternoon, or 10 at night.  My first husband complained because I liked to vacuum at night, preferably, late.  /evil grin/

I have a theory about those spurts.  I was born in the mid-afternoon, and that is exactly when my energy levels come up to normal level.  It was hell on earth when I had to be to work for 7:30 in the morning.  gak.  What time of day were you guys born?  Think about your energy levels, I'd love to know it the theory bears out.  :D

So, don't call it laziness em.....call it prioritizing. ;)

I do procrastinate sometimes, but not that much. I'm one of those people who prefers to have things done sooner rather than later (I don't do things the last minute, that would really freak me out). I'd rather get it over and done with so I can stop thinking about it and cross it off the list. I'm not very lazy. I can't stand the sight of dirty dishes for very long so I tend to do something about it. I'm allergic to dust so I'm kind of forced to clean maybe more often than I would have otherwise. I do think it's good to have a rhythym and clean at regular intervals, though I have to admit I really don't like cleaning. But when I feel it needs to be done, then I'll do it. I can be lazy but only on somewhat rare occasions.

What time of day were you guys born?  Think about your energy levels, I'd love to know it the theory bears out.  :D

I was born at 5:30 in the morning. Doesn't work out for me. :P

I used to be lazy as hell in terms of homework, but knowing that my university course depends on it, this year I have really knuckled down. I do it as soon as possible, if not on the day I get it after I've played games or something. I hate getting up in the morning but I do it anyway but when I don't have to be in 'til late I sleep in and I moan about doing things even though I still do them when I should.

I'm quite lazy, but because I'm quite busy I have to force myself to keep on top of things. Sometimes (this sounds terrible), if I see some rubbish on the floor at home, I'll be too lazy to pick it up. I'll just leave it there, and it can be there for days (unless hubby picks it up :giggle: ). It's more the little things with me - like when I take my boots off when I get home, instead of putting them in the wardrobe, I'll just leave them in front of the door.

I try to do things as a routine now, like forcing myself to study each evening, doing washing on the weekend, cleaning the bathroom on the weekend. The problem is that little things that you think will take 10 minutes can take an hour, and it sometimes seems easier to not bother doing them. :blush2:

What time of day were you guys born?  Think about your energy levels, I'd love to know it the theory bears out.  :D

7 PM exactly. I think I have most energy in the middle of the night however. I can litterally start cleaning at 2 a.m. I sometimes have to stop myself because I have neighbours above, below and on one side. 

I am glad I am far from alone! I have it in my head that I am the only one. 

I just washed my dishes tonight, so hurrah for me! However, I was too lazy to make dinner, so I've only eaten crackers with cheese on today. Heading over to my parents tomorrow, so at least I'll get a decent dinner then. 

An hour ago I realized I have forgotten to do a homework that was due yesterday. Oooopsie. 

I need to make myself a schedule and follow it. Not too hard, cause it has to be possible for me to do everything. 

I think it's a bit problematic when I forget homework because I am watching a few episodes of a tv-series. LOL. Can't make that a trend.

Ok, I will be the party "pooper". When something needs done, I do it.

I actually enjoy working and knowing that I have accomplished something.

Some of you know that I recently retired. When I retired there was one important task that remained undone. I have little confidence that anyone else will complete the task properly, so, I have volunteered to do it on my own time, free of charge. :).....just this one time though. :)

Oh, natch Muggles.....but we're talking about housework....lol

Work, of course, can be fun.......if it's of the fulfilling and productive sort.  In my case at least, if it's the sort of (ugh) everyday sort of drudgery...........fuggedaboutit!  :doh:

Also, work does not (IMO) equal creative "work".  Just sayin'. :readingtwo:

I'm too lazy to cook when it's just me home.  I hate cooking anytime, but make myself do it when the kids are home.  I hate doing housework and if I could I'd be lazy with that too.  I've gotten into some routines with it in the last year or so that really helps. 

What time of day were you guys born?

In the morning, 9:50 (AM) I believe (or 10:10). My energy levels are normally not great, due to my condition. But I am a morning person, and not an evening-person.

What are you too lazy to do?

Be bothered to finish this po

:lol: that's great!

I was born around 8.15 am, and I'm very much a night person. Since I quit my regular day job, I seem to have naturally slipped into a routine where I often work all night and go to bed when the sun is rising.

7 PM exactly. I think I have most energy in the middle of the night however. I can litterally start cleaning at 2 a.m. I sometimes have to stop myself because I have neighbours above, below and on one side. 

I am glad I am far from alone! I have it in my head that I am the only one. 

Def not alone there!  Glad to hear it! :D

In the morning, 9:50 (AM) I believe (or 10:10). My energy levels are normally not great, due to my condition. But I am a morning person, and not an evening-person.

The theory bears out in this case then. :)

I was born around 8.15 am, and I'm very much a night person. Since I quit my regular day job, I seem to have naturally slipped into a routine where I often work all night and go to bed when the sun is rising.

Hmmmmm, interesting, a complete reversal.

I usually wear out around 4 a.m. though.  If I want to go on I have to drink some extra strong, black coffee and chicory.  And that doesn't always work. lol

Sorry, didn't mean to hijack the thread with this.  But I do think that in a way it bears on the subject.  I'd suppose that laziness is in the eye of the beholder in a way. 

If our energy levels are not up to doing the drudge work at the "proper" time, we drag.....and are therefore considered "lazy".  If we could work within our own Circadian Rhythm, which obviously fluctuates widely, we'd be more productive.

Make sense? :wacko:

I always had such trouble staying awake when I worked a regular 8-4 job. The afternoon was always a killer. Every now and then I see a story on TV about how we should all have afternoon siestas because it's more natural for us or something. Nothing ever comes of it though. I think kids are also supposed to learn better at a different time of the day (later?) than they traditionally do.

In the part of Italy where my dad came from, he said to us that at lunch time everyone would quit for the afternoon to enjoy the rest of the day, including schools!

I used to be so full of energy, but now days I need to nap two or three times a day because I am always tired. I do get energy bursts that I use to do chores around the house though. Yesterday I did a lot of weeding in the garden, but I overdid it and I am paying for it today :giggle2: I did it on purpose though, as I wanted to make the most of my energy.

I tend to spend saturday cleaning the house from top to bottom, doing washing and watering the garden. Sometimes cooking a roast for the following week. Some days I am so tired that I don't bother eating, or I just snack on crackers.

Edited by Devi

• 2 weeks later...

Clean the oven, I have been putting it off for ages.  Also, lately have not been cooking as much as used to due to a combo of takeaway being cheaper than fresh food and being wrecked after work.

DIY painting and decorating that I have planned and got the paints/materials two years ago now.  I do enjoy painting its just the prep work (srubbing walls/ceilings, paper stripping, sizing/sealing walls, sanding, dismantling shelves/door handles and heaving around heavy furniture) puts me off. This week I'm a bit slow with my clothes and curtain making, I sew.  I also procrastinate when it comes to dusting shelves.

At the moment I'm too lazy to revise for Maths, even though the exam is still a few months away it would probably benefit me. And I'm too lazy to start my next literature essay but thinking of starting it and doing a bit on Sunday so at least I'm partially motivated.