Richard III

Maureen

I guess this bit of news caused a stir all over England.  Where and how King Richard's remains should be reburied will be a very difficult decision.  I can see why some people want the body to be buried nearby - where he has lain all of these years, but at the same time I can also understand why other people think he should be buried with other Kings and Queens of England.

I have been fascinated by this story, especially when it was confirmed that he had a curvature of the spine. It was thought by many that the hunchback described in Shakespeare's texts was probably made up to curry favour with Elizabeth the First, not an accurate description of the king. But here is proof of a spinal defect.

As to where he should eventually rest, that's a tough one and I'm glad not to have to be the one to decide. Anything is better than under a car park though! :giggle2:

I read about this yesterday, it's very interesting! I don't know as much about the history of England as probably most of the British people here, since we didn't get a lot of it at school (we got more Dutch history etc). I hadn't even thought yet of where they would bury him, that seems like a tough question.

@ poppy

That's great! :lol: