The Host

risingdawn

I know some of you may think this is about the book, but I'm talking about the film that I think is coming out this year. I'm really liking the trailer so far and think they might pull this off. I can see how it might be quite hard though. And I'm hoping that it doesn't feel like a Twilight film (I get the feeling that it could be somehow!) and that it's quite full of action like the actual book. Anyone else looking forward to it?

• 3 weeks later...

This film looks pretty awesome!! To be honest, I'm not interested in reading the novel.... unless someone can sway me. ;) I hope the movie doesn't feel like a Twilight film.... that would be pretty disappointing.... I, myself, love the Twilight series but it's over now and it would be nice to watch The Host without there being anything Twilightish about it.

The book is quite good. I didn't really find it Twilight-ish. I'm pretty sure there was a bit of action but I can't be 100% sure as it was a few years ago. I definitely enjoyed it though. I may have cried a few times as well.