The last film you saw - 2013

Lilywhite

• Replies 873
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw Never Let You Go last night on TV with the kids. I enjoyed it was a good translation of the book but the general premise seemed even more chilling and inhuman. It's only a step away from what we already do rearing sheep and cows to eat for their meat though.

Lady on a Train :smile:

Great fun. Deanna Durbin sees a murder from a train and - being the wisecracking dame she is - sets out to investigate.

Repeat Performance :smile:

Classy melodrama. Joan Leslie shoots her husband and wishes she could go back a year so it won`t happen again. She gets her wish - why and how isn`t covered - and we see what drove her to do it.

We watched Life of Pi. I liked the film, it should be interesting to see how I'll like the book. I've heard it has more elements of religion than the film and I'm not keen on lots of elements of religion, so we'll have to see.

We watched Life of Pi. I liked the film, it should be interesting to see how I'll like the book. I've heard it has more elements of religion than the film and I'm not keen on lots of elements of religion, so we'll have to see.

Having both read the book and watched the movie, the main diffrence, that I saw, between the two was that you get to more of an idea of what he went through and what he was feeling as well as a more in depth idea of the relationship between he Tiger and Pi.

Having both read the book and watched the movie, the main diffrence, that I saw, between the two was that you get to more of an idea of what he went through and what he was feeling as well as a more in depth idea of the relationship between he Tiger and Pi.

x

Thanks, that sounds pretty good :). My mum was given the book as a gift, in English, but she doesn't like reading in English for relaxation, so she gave it to me.

xThanks, that sounds pretty good :). My mum was given the book as a gift, in English, but she doesn't like reading in English for relaxation, so she gave it to me.

I hope that you enjoy it as much as I did :D

Just got home from watching Catching Fire with my 12 year old daughter. We both thoroughly enjoyed it, more than the first film. Looking forward to the final instalment next year! :)

I thought they were turning the third book into two films? :unsure:

I started watching Django Unchained last night.  Got about 40 mins into it.  Haven't decided whether I want to watch the rest of it or not.

I thought they were turning the third book into two films? :unsure:

I started watching Django Unchained last night. Got about 40 mins into it. Haven't decided whether I want to watch the rest of it or not.

Ah yes I think I've heard that too Steve. They're trying to wangle more money out of me! It's not really an issue though as I know how it ends.. Unless they change it of course! :o

I've not seen Django yet, I want to watch it but I fear it may be to violent for me! (Insert hiding under chair icon here!)

Despicable Me 2 in 3D ... bit disappointed .. didn't think it was as good as the original. Not much of a storyline .. do love those minions though :D

I saw this at the cinema, not having seen the first one as I was lucky that Robbie went with a friend to that one.. I don't really get these sorts or films. I find them far too noisy, and there is always far too much silly shouting and squealing (I can get that at home for free!) :o:D

I much prefer the Pixar films, Monsters University was one of my favourite cinema visits of 2013. :D