J K Rowling - Harry Potter & the Half-Blood Prince (#6)

Kell

Your post is giving me second thoughts on seeing the movie. Like I said before some say its good others bad, sooooooooo I'm still not sure. But the book definitely was good. As a matter of fact I am currently re reading it. (I think I already posted that too:mrgreen:)

I saw it with my girlfriend who is a dead set Harry Potter nut on the weekend.

I haven't read any of the books and I haven't enjoyed the movies a great deal to be honest. Still, I thought this was probably the second best one behind the fourth.

Your post is giving me second thoughts on seeing the movie. Like I said before some say its good others bad, sooooooooo I'm still not sure. But the book definitely was good. As a matter of fact I am currently re reading it. (I think I already posted that too:mrgreen:)

Oh no, I didn't mean to do that! I think if you've enjoyed the other movies then it's definitely worth seeing because it's at least as good as the others, if not better in many cases.

I forgot to mention that I was really impressed by Dumbledore in this movie. I never liked him in the others, thinking he was a bit too wishy-washy and weak. I know he's old and all, but I thought he should still have come across as more authoritative and strong. In HP 6, he finally lived up to my expectations. ;)

I forgot to mention that I was really impressed by Dumbledore in this movie. I never liked him in the others, thinking he was a bit too wishy-washy and weak. I know he's old and all, but I thought he should still have come across as more authoritative and strong. In HP 6, he finally lived up to my expectations. :)

Dumbledore always says some strange things in the films though. I don't know if he said this in the book (can't remember it anyway). In the film he says

'aaah to be young again and feel loves cold sting'

I was like 'wwhhhaaaaat?'

Also, in one of the other films he randomly starts talking about the curtains hanging on Harry's bed ;)

Overall, though, I really enjoyed it. I've long since given up on expecting a true-to-book movie, so I just try to note the differences but keep enjoying the movie. ;)

Same here. It was definitely better than any other HP movie.

I didn't really like Dumbly in this movie. His acting was bad, he seemed very neutral.