Eragon - Christopher Paolini

Great review PrincessPonti, this is one of my all time favourites too. This story captured my imagination far more than any of the other child-aimed books I've read in a long time.

And don't you just love Saphira. ;)

Another great review Princess, I really enjoyed 'Eragon' too, it was a brilliant read, I am now looking forward to reading 'Eldest' and hopefully seeing the film.

;):D

I love Eragon but I've not read Eldest yet. I'm waiting for it to appear at my school library - I'm sure it will. I was given this book by my friend and I found it took a bit of getting into at first; I kept reading other books as well and so it actually took several months from time of starting to time of finishing, because it wasn't my "main book".

I wasn't aware there was a third book to come and will certainly keep my eyes open for it. When I've read Eldest of course!;)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

This book is a very good.

It is about a boy called Eragon who finds a blue stone in the forest close to his village.

He thinks it will buy his family meat for the winter. But then the stone brings a dragon and he hides it in the woods. But he gets chased by the evil kings servents. So along with Brom an man from the village he sets out to save the Empire.

there was a movie on Eragon in 2006.;)

this book was great but still waiting for book 3. Can't wait!:D

• 1 year later...

Finally! The Third and final Eragon book is out in the stores! I havent got around to reading it yet but Eldest left me in anxiety! My favourite character is Roran he is sooo cool! I just hope he finds Katrina!

The Inheritance Cycle is actually one of my favourite series' of books I've read and I have read a fair few. I love the Harry Potter series and I think imo this is up there with it.

Also, the Third book isn't the final book. There will be a fourth book out as Paolini said in a video on his website, halfway through writing Brisingr he realised that he wouldn't be able to tie up all the loose ends in the third and was turning the Trilogy into a Cycle.

I loved Eldest, especially the parts where it switches between Eragons tale and Rorans tale. I am looking forward to the fourth book and, personally, I will be extremely happy if Paolini realises he is going to have to write another one making the total 5 books.

The more Eragon adventures to read, the better I say!