Hello everyone :) newbie to the forum

RobinA

Hi everyone :smile:

My name is Robin Adolphs and I'm new to this forum and all forums in general. I'm an author with a few children's picture books out myself. I just think when you read a book as a child it shapes you and becomes a part of your identity, and I want to be able to give that children all over the world. Because every child deserves to read a picture book.

I thought it would be a good idea to be a part of this and talk to people that actually like to read books and give suggestions. I would love to get to know everyone, specially to the folks that love children's picture books.

So hello :) It's lovely to meet you all and I look forward to talking with you.

Warmest regards,

Robin

Hello Robin and welcome! :)

I'm enjoy looking at picture books with my almost-2-year-old.

What kind of books do you like reading?

And which are your favourite picture books?

Hi,

I love children's books. My favorite books so far are "Yesterday I Played In The Rain" and "The Pile Up" . I also love activities for children about the book as well. As an example all of my books have activity sheets, coloring sheets. I just find it more interactive and the children love it. (Specially when they are free activities that you just print from your computer)

What are your favorites?

Robin

Hello Robin, I am new too! Hello everyone :)

Morning Amelie,

So what brings to the forum?

Do you like children's books?

What do you like reading?

Warm regards,

Robin

Robin Adolphs

Hi,

I love children's books. My favorite books so far are "Yesterday I Played In The Rain" and "The Pile Up" . I also love activities for children about the book as well. As an example all of my books have activity sheets, coloring sheets. I just find it more interactive and the children love it. (Specially when they are free activities that you just print from your computer)

What are your favorites?

Robin

http://www.robinadolphs.com/

https://www.facebook.com/AuthorRobinAdolphs?ref=hl

Sorry about all the mumbo jumbo, I was trying to send you the link to where I got them.

I love children's books. My favorite books so far are Yesterday I Played In The Rain and The Pile Up . I also love activities for children about the book as well. As an example all of my books have activity sheets, coloring sheets. I just find it more interactive and the children love it. (Specially when they are free activities that you just print from your computer)

What are your favorites?

Robin

Hi Robyn. Very nice to meet you! You may want to consider removing your last name, if it is the real one I mean. Just a piece of friendly advice.

:welcomeboard:

Morning,

Yes it's my name. I'm a children's book author so my name is everywhere, my website, Facebook, everything. I'm on this forum to get to know people and talk to people all over the world about children's books and try and spread the children book community. :) So I can mingle and meet fellow authors and help each other. :)

Warm regards,

Robin

I love children's books. My favorite books so far are Yesterday I Played In The Rain and The Pile Up . I also love activities for children about the book as well.

What are your favorites?

Robin

Hi RobinA. So your favourite books are your own are they?

My favourite young children's authors are the likes of Maurice Sendak, Lynley Dodds, John Birmingham, AA Milne, Dr Seuss, Eric Carle, Leo Lionni, Eric Hill.

Hi,

What are your favorites?

Robin

Hello again Robin!

I like the books by Ezra Jack Keats, and some the ones that poppy already mentioned : AA Milne, Dr Seuss, Eric Carle, Leo Lionni, Eric Hill.

:)

Hi RobinA. So your favourite books are your own are they?

My favourite young children's authors are the likes of Maurice Sendak, Lynley Dodds, John Birmingham, AA Milne, Dr Seuss, Eric Carle, Leo Lionni, Eric Hill.

Yes, I love my own books, they are my favorite. :)

I also love Hans Christian Andersen these are my favorites :

• The Little Mermaid
  • The Ugly Duckling
  • The Tinderbox
  • The Red Shoes
  • Thumbelina
  • The Snow Queen
  • The Princess and the Pea

Also:

• J. M. Barrie - Peter Pan
  • Michael Bond - The Paddington Bear series
  • Carlo Collodi - The Adventures of Pinocchio
  • Michael Ende - The Neverending Story
  • J. R. R. Tolkien - The Hobbit
  • E. B. White - Charlotte's Web, Stuart Little, The Trumpet of the Swan
  • Jules Verne - Journey to the Center of the Earth, 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea
  • Chris Van Allsburg - Jumanji, The Polar Express, The Garden of Abdul Gasazi

These are not in any order. They are pure classics and one day I hope to be in that group.

You all have good taste in authors. :)

Hello and welcome to BCF, Robin :D

Thank you so much. I am loving this forum!

Everyone is very nice and supportive.

Edited by RobinA

I am loving this forum!

Everyone is very nice and supportive.

I like your list of favourites, Robin. Glad you're settling in well :)

Forgot to mention the inimitable Margaret Mahy, who died recently. Her A Lion In the Meadow is a classic and her writing so imaginative and fun.

I just looked her up - loved her picture on wikipedia - and her books sound lovely!

Forgot to mention the inimitable Margaret Mahy, who died recently. Her A Lion In the Meadow is a classic and her writing so imaginative and fun.

I completely agree. Also The Man Whose Mother Was a Pirate is a great read.

I like your list of favourites, Robin. Glad you're settling in well :)

I just looked her up - loved her picture on wikipedia - and her books sound lovely!

Thank you very much. I am glad you like my list. I'm sure I will be continually expanding that list. Who are favorites?

Hi everyone :smile:

My name is Robin Adolphs and I'm new to this forum and all forums in general. I'm an author with a few children's picture books out myself. I just think when you read a book as a child it shapes you and becomes a part of your identity, and I want to be able to give that children all over the world. Because every child deserves to read a picture book.

I thought it would be a good idea to be a part of this and talk to people that actually like to read books and give suggestions. I would love to get to know everyone, specially to the folks that love children's picture books.

So hello :) It's lovely to meet you all and I look forward to talking with you.

Warmest regards,

Robin

In-line with my live events, I have 2 Free Kindle Book Promo Offers on Amazon.

It's for my books:

The Pile Up

http://www.amazon.com/The-Pile-Up-ebook/dp/B008OCFFVU/

and

Yesterday I Played in The Rain

http://www.amazon.com/Yesterday-Played-The-Rain-ebook/dp/B008OCH1D0

The Free Promo time starts 25-09-2012 and ends on 29-09-2012.

Everyone, particularly those who are parents will have a quality book to share with their children on their favourite Kindle device, iPad or any other device with the Kindle app.

All you will need to do, is click the links (as above) provided and just 'click to download' on Amazon.

I look forward to hearing the reviews from you.

Thank you.

Warm regards,

Robin

Hello Robin and welcome to the forum! :)

Thank you. I am enjoying it very much.