UK - New Kindle's Ready for Pre-Order

Michelle

Here's the latest info for the UK Kindle's...

Amazon: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0083PWAWU/ref=amb_link_1?pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=gateway-center-column&pf_rd_r=0R0023ZYPQF4G4FHG7N9&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=324600507&pf_rd_i=468294

Waterstones: http://www.waterstones.com/waterstonesweb/pages/preorder-kindle-waterstones/200001795/

Although I've struggled with my old Kindle, I'm quite taken by the new £69 one - it looks a good size, and I prefer the darker casing.

I don't think I'd go for the Fire - I think I'd prefer a Nexus 7 inch tablet.

I will stick with the one I have - for the moment at least, although a £69 is tempting for the price. I won't bother with the Fire though - it's too big for one thing, (and much heavier), plus the screen isn't as good.

I still don't have a kindley thingy....did get an Amazon email through today about them Kindle Fire and wondered what it was all about. Had a look, but will stick to my books. Is the tablet thing good for just browsing on here etc.

I was seriously pondering whether to go for the Fire but Ive decided to stick with my original one. After all, I did buy it for reading - like lauraloves, I could be distracted with internet stuff and not spending as much time on the books. If my original kindle dies in the future, then I might reconsider. Having said though, it's a very good price.

• 1 month later...

Thank you! I'd like to get a look at that one, it looks as if it would suit me better.

It was on the Amazon front page this morning and it mentioned the kindle lending library becoming available in the UK too, need to read into that a bit more!

Kindle Owners' Lending Library is coming soon

From late October, Kindle owners with an Amazon Prime membership can borrow popular Kindle books at no extra cost, as frequently as one book per month and with no due dates. Choose from over 200,000 titles, including all seven Harry Potter books and other top sellers in the Amazon.co.uk Kindle Store.

Am I being thick? Does that say you can borrow just one book a month? Amazon prime is £49 a year..

Wonder if they'll introduce general local library membership at some point?

I don't think it would be worth it for me, I haven't yet made the leap to kindle and I'm not sure I will but being able to borrow books for free/cheap would be an incentive, but £49 a year for a maximum of 12 books, £4 ish each certainly isn't an incentive for me... :(

No, I've got them all in old fashioned paperback now!

Phew! :)

Am I being thick? Does that say you can borrow just one book a month? Amazon prime is £49 a year..

Wow, that is expensive. From what I've learnt here, Amazon books can often be bought cheaper than that. I suppose it would be more worth it if you wanted to borrow a new bestseller (like Rowling's A Casual Vacancy, which I understand was very expensive).

I like the look of the Paperwhite too but I went onto the Amazon.com page and the reviews are very mixed......

"

Am I being thick? Does that say you can borrow just one book a month? Amazon prime is £49 a year.."

No Chalipud you're not being thick . That is the deal. It seems a bit pointless getting your borrowed books only if you belong to Prime.