Do book readers also like to create a journal of reading?

I don't. Problem with that is that I forget the events in the books after a while and probably should keep notes. But I don't think I'll ever start with that. I like to just read and that's that. On the good side, if you forget the events in the book, you can re-read it after some time and not feel like it's a re-run. ;)

I try to keep a running list here on my book blog thread, and a mini review, but that's about it. Ordinarily I mostly remember at least the vague outline of a book, even if it's years ago. Or, lets put it like this, I'll remember the vibes I felt from the story. And if I start to reread, I'll remember as I go along. Usually. :D At the end of the year, I print out the list and file it here.

Do you mean a written pen on paper journal, or an online journal?

A lot of the forum members here keep book logs, containing lists of books read and often including reviews / personal reflections of the books. The type of content varies from person to person, depending upon what they want to record.

One thing, are you asking out of personal interest, or because you are developing some kind of reader aid / web site that would encompass book journals? Your question seems quite specific so I am intrigued! :smile:

Edited by Chrissy

I keep thinking I should start a blog, but then I think "Who the hell would be bored enough to read it?"

Me. I'd be bored enough to read it.

Also, I love all my books equally (except the ones I hate).

To paraphrase a great man, 'All books are equal, but some books are more equal than others.'

I had a book review blog once, but I became too busy to keep it updated. I also once had a notebook where I jotted down a few things, but mostly only quotes that I wanted to remember.

Thanks everyone for your reply.

@Chrissy, yes you guessed it right. I recently got interested in developing an app or website but before i could proceed i wanted to understand what people actually think about it. What are the motivations for keeping a journal? What importance does a journal hold to each reader? What other websites or apps people are using? Are people more interested in recommendations and reviews? etc

There are plenty of other journal sites and apps but i wanted to find out the gap that is still not filled by these applications.

My story is slightly different (at least that's my assumption) instead of a journal i think of it more like a journey. With every book you read you are not the same person anymore. Every book invokes your sensory receptors one way or the other.

I was thinking more in the lines of creating a website where readers like you can upload videos of their emotional experiences and also be able to share them with your friends and loved ones. Its not about what you felt about the book but more like what you felt when reading the book. May be a character in the book makes you feel like you want to be like her. May be another character is a reflection of your self. Your favorite part in the book. What made you laugh and what made you cry etc.