• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just downloaded ~

The Death of Bunny Munro by Nick Cave

The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield

:bookworm:

I've started reading The Art of Racing in The Rain along with Dark World. First time in a very very long time that I have read two books together at the same time.

Amazon have informed me that Jasper Fforde's 'The Song Of The Quarkbeast' (paperback) is on it's way, so my mojo stimulating read at the moment is a re read of 'The Last Dragonslayer'. I so enjoy TLD when I first read it, I am hoping it will be bring that warm reading feeling back to me. :smile:

I've just finished reading 'Catching Fire' by Suzanne Collins and I absolutely loved it! 'The Hunger Games' trilogy just gets better and better.

Now I'm about to start 'The Somnambulist' by Essie Fox

Yay!!!! Well done Claire! :doowapstart:

Thanks! :smile2:

Claire, any chance you could send me a photograph of you standing next to an empty shelf? There are spaces on my fridge for sources of inspiration and your pic would definitely be inspiring. Brilliant stuff! :clapping:

I will definitely be posting a picture of my empty shelf, but I won't be in it. I hate having my photo taken, and I think the last time was probably about fifteen years ago! Hopefully the empty shelf will be inspiration enough ;)

I do still have one book to go though ...

Edited by chesilbeach

It's taken over 3 weeks - 2 of those lying in the sun on my holiday - but I've finished A Storm of Swords. I thought the second half of the book was brilliant, definately my favourite book of the series so far. :smile:

I've now started The Snowman ~ Jo Nesbo, I've heard such good things about this book and he hasn't disappointed yet so I'm sure to enjoy it.

Claire, any chance you could send me a photograph of you standing next to an empty shelf? There are spaces on my fridge for sources of inspiration and your pic would definitely be inspiring. Brilliant stuff! :clapping:

Excellent idea! :)

I will definitely be posting a picture of my empty shelf, but I won't be in it. I hate having my photo taken, and I think the last time was probably about fifteen years ago! Hopefully the empty shelf will be inspiration enough ;)

Too bad, I was actually looking forward to see you inside the bookcase... :giggle: Sorry, a very bad play with words!

I've now started The Snowman ~ Jo Nesbo, I've heard such good things about this book and he hasn't disappointed yet so I'm sure to enjoy it.

I'd also like to start The Snowman but people are making me read the series in order :rolleyes::giggle: I hope you enjoy the novel! :)

I finished The Sisters Brothers yesterday, and started reading the sequel to my last year's favorite Finnish novel. It's called Mielensäpahoittaja ja ruskeakastike, it's by Tuomas Kyrö. Oooh, I just remembered, I'm actually able to go and listen to him speak here in Joensuu, there's a literary event in here in a few weeks' time! :smile2:

I'd also like to start The Snowman but people are making me read the series in order :rolleyes::giggle:

:o

I doubt anyone could make you do anything you didn't want to :P:giggle2:

I'm about 150 pages into Riders of the Purple Sage by Zane Grey :smile:

Went to the library today as I have the week off and so have more time to wander around town.

Borrowed:

The Wind Through The Keyhole - Stephen King

Pure - Andrew Miller

A Game of Thrones - George RR Martin.

I still have The Thirteenth Tale to get through, then I'll move on to these three. Lucky I only had one carrier bag with me, else I would have borrowed more than three. :thud:

I'd also like to start The Snowman but people are making me read the series in order :rolleyes::giggle: I hope you enjoy the novel! :)

I think its definitely worth reading them in order, there are certain things that happen early on in the series which really set the back story of things that are mentioned in later books.

I walked around Waterston’s this afternoon but didn't buy anything (seems a bit pointless when I know I'm going to be spending most of the next month or so reading A Clash of Kings!).

Edited by Raven

Still reading Somerset Maugham's short stories but put it to one side while i read First They Killed My Father a daughter of cambodia remembers by Loung Ung , a harrowing read of one girls survival of the Cambodian genocide.

I've been waiting a long time to read it too because I had to read them in order (I was frightened of missing something!)

The earlier ones are very good though. I don't want to rub it in but The Snowman is soooo good!! :smile:

:o

I doubt anyone could make you do anything you didn't want to :P:giggle2:

:she: