There is a series of books that I read in highschool that interest me now. I am wondering if anyone can help me out by guiding me to the titles. It is about a girl whose parents die. Mind you this book is placed far into the future and they not only use a grid to surf in the air on hover things but they also have bar code tattoos and no this is not the girl with the barcode tattoo series. I have had many people say that this is the title but frankly it is not. I have tried to google search it but it never comes up. Also in this series the tattoo makes you into a perfect person that the people who created it want you to be. They implant something into your mind that makes you change and become the perfect citizen. Only when you hit a certain age do they do this tattoo to you. They are kept in homes with others their age until they are old enough like an orphange. Anyways I was wondering if anyone could help me out. The only other thing that I remember about this series is that some of the settings are placed in a smokey mountain.