Louise Rennison

I've seen them in The Book People catalogue - they have some very funny titles. I can't say I've thought of picking them up though.

I wish my children read - there are some cracking books out there for children these days.

• 2 years later...

A good book series for young adults would be the Louise Rennison series, with the first book being Angus, Thongs and Full Frontal Snogging.

This is a good and easy read for young adults.

Some of you may have seen the film Angus, Thongs and Perfect Snogging, which is based on the first 2 books, which is a brilliant film, but nothing on the books :tong:

The books are a diary entry from a girl called Georgia Nicolson, and how her life progresses as she grows up and had different problems during her school life.

I enjoyed the series and I hope others do aswell.

There are 10 books in total and may be more coming in the future.

Hope this has helped.

:D

Although I'm really too old, I do still read YA books but I've never read any of this authors. I do think that the cover design on them is brilliant and very appealing, and they always stand out on the displays in the bookshelf.

The Twilight series used to as well, but there seem to be a lot of similar themes and designs to those covers creeping in to the bookshop, I've noticed.