Your Book Activity ~ July 2012

Kylie

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I managed to finish Hard Eight by Janet Evanovich, my mojo has made an appearance! Lol I am now eagerly awaiting my new signed copy of A Shadow of Night by Deborah Harkness which I won on here, :yahoo: go me!! Thank you, thank you, thank you :D

I managed to finish Hard Eight by Janet Evanovich, my mojo has made an appearance! Lol I am now eagerly awaiting my new signed copy of A Shadow of Night by Deborah Harkness which I won on here, :yahoo: go me!! Thank you, thank you, thank you :D

Lucky you Charm, I'm very jealous!! :). Luckily I had an email from Amazon yesterday to say my copy has been dispatched and should be with me Tuesday! I'm not yet half way through The Snow Child though so I need to crack on with that! :D

I'm about a quarter of the way through The Snow Child, and enjoying every word. I have never been a fan of fairy tales and particular retellings of them, but this is just beautiful.. :smile:

I feel ridiculously proud and happy .. as if I had written it :D (and boy do I wish I had) Hope you continue to enjoy it chalie, I think you will because the style doesn't change much. I wonder what you will make of the ending?.

Getting on with Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children and enjoying it .. there's just one little niggle but on the whole .. fab-u-lous.

I feel ridiculously proud and happy .. as if I had written it :D (and boy do I wish I had) Hope you continue to enjoy it chalie, I think you will because the style doesn't change much. I wonder what you will make of the ending?.

Getting on with Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children and enjoying it .. there's just one little niggle but on the whole .. fab-u-lous.

Thanks poppy, and I hope you continue to enjoy Miss Peregrine too, definitely one of my favourite books of this year, if not of all time! The pictures enhance the story so much and bring the characters to life.. :). Right, must get reading!!!

Yesterday I got a copy of Andersen's Fairy Tales for 50c in my local charity shop! I have only ever read a few of his stories, but for 50c I figured I may as well give the others a go!

OOhhh, I had a lovely illustrated copy when I was a child, wish I had it now. You've given me ideas. :D

Can't wait to hear the niggle..... :cool:

Me too! You're such a tease, Poppyshake. :P I hope you won't make us for the full review.

I've read another chapter of The Great Typo Hunt. I'm back to slow reading, but it looks like I'll be taking a holiday soon, so hopefully I'll get a bit of reading done in between driving thousands of kms.

Completed Holes last night - a very cleverly written book, I thought.

Have started on Paddy Clarke Ha Ha Ha by Roddy Doyle.

It won the Booker Prize in 1993 - so hopefully will be good.

I tried Paddy Clarke years ago but couldn't get on with the writing style, so I'm interested to hear how you get on with it, Bree. I think a few years down the line I probably wouldn't find it quite so irritating. :)

A few days ago I finished The Enchantress (the secrets of the immortal Nicholas Flamel) by Michael Scott. It was the final book in this series and a fitting ending. Once agan I shed a few tears near the end but I'm an emotional person :blush2:

I have since started The Neverending Story by Michael Ende.

I know what you mean Janet - I'm 8 pages in - and keep re-reading bits to make sense of them.

But for a while now I've been reading books which take me at least 20 pages to get into - and have then gone on to really liking then.

So am hoping this will grow on me too.

How is your Roald Dahl challenge going Janet?

It's taken rather a back seat at the moment because I randomly decided to read my way though the Narnia chronicles instead! It was because I watched the film version of Prince Caspian and have been meaning to re-read them for years.

I have a couple left to go and then I shall pick up some more Dahls. :)

Now reading Neptune Crossing by Jeffrey A Carver. Enjoyable sci-fi set on Neptune's moon,Triton. Nearly finished and lined up The Child Thief by Dan Smith next.

Me too! You're such a tease, Poppyshake. :P I hope you won't make us for the full review.

It's only the tiniest of niggles .. a noggle maybe :D and it's not really worth worrying about .. it's just that sometimes the kids from the 1940's speak fluent 21st century American :D

The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern (Paperback)

Divergent by Veronica Roth (Kindle)

:)

Last night I finished 'The Dandelion Clock' by Guy Burt and I really enjoyed it. It's going to take a few days of processing my thoughts on it, before writing a review though!

Now I have returned to 'The Art of Racing in the Rain' by Garth Stein

I just finished Snow Flower and the Secret Fan ~ Lisa See, such a beautifully written book, loved it from start to finish :smile:

Isn't it just lovely....Kell let me read this one a good while ago.

I have just started 'Tell-Tale' by Sam Hayes

Isn't it just lovely....Kell let me read this one a good while ago.

I have just started 'Tell-Tale' by Sam Hayes

It certainly is a lovely story, have you read any of her other books? I must check them out :smile:

I've now started Neil Gaiman's Anansi Boys, enjoying it so far but I haven't read that much yet.