What's up in July?

Kell

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just heard back from Sky - they won't be making it tonight, but we have arranged to meet at 3pm tomorrow. They will have the facilities for a live interview, but I said I would prefer it be pre-recorded, as I haven't done this sort of thing before. I will try and keep it positive though, as I am fed up with all the negativity re the games now and want to focus on the good things.

Congrats and good luck, Timstar!

This is a long week for me, but my vacation is in sight! I'm working both jobs today and tomorrow; also working the second job on Saturday night. I'm off for a week though starting next Thursday and will be chilling like a madwoman :D.

As usual, it's hot and humid here. I heard from my sister who has spent the last 3 weeks in England and she told me they've had a total of 2 sunny days and that's it! She sent some photos of one of the nicer days they spent in Falmouth.

Hope everyone has a good rest of their week! :D

Congratulations on your marriage and graduation Timstar! All fingers crossed for your job interview. :)

Your bride is lovely.

Last weekend we decided to stay over night down in New Orleans and catch a show at the Monteleone Hotel. Lena Prima (daughter of the late, great Louis Prima) was performing with a combo on Friday and Saturday night. We arrived just as she was scheduled to go on, and couldn't find an empty table/chair. We were wondering exactly what to do, when Lena walked up to us and asked if we were there to see her, of course we answered in the affirmative. She then grabbed a chair and signalled us to grab another, and proceeded to lead us to the front and plonked the chair(s) down for us. :cool:

What a sweet lady. The show was fantastic, a few couples came up to the stage/dance floor and let loose with that great music, put on quite a show, aside from the regular show! One of the couples was scheduled to marry the next day. All in all a lovely evening.

We ended down at the Cafe du Monde,with coffee and beignets. yum

Went and renewed my driver's license today, take a number and wait....../sigh/ Not too bad, got some reading done anyhow.

Congratulations on your marriage and graduation Timstar! All fingers crossed for your job interview. :)

Your bride is lovely.

Thanks! I think it went quite well, I may not have enough experience in genetics which may be held against me, but other than that I think I am a strong candidate.

Had to do loads of driving today and my car is without air-con so not pleasant in this heat lol. Driving again tonight, got to go to Gatwick :)

I have done the interview for Sky Sports News, and am watching online to see when it is broadcast, as they said it would be quite soon ! I hope I look and sound okay and not too hot and sweaty !

How cool! Congrats!

Had a lovely day at the park with Xan, but am working tonight and have developed another weather headache. Why??? Wish I was staying home tonight!

It was too hot to sleep last night, and I think I only got a couple of hours in total. I don't usually function well with that little sleep, but have been surprisingly ok today. Even managed to stay awake while reading my book during my lunch break!

Here's hoping it'll be a bit cooler tonight, although I don't hold out much hope at the moment.

June, just watched you on Sky News! You came across as friendly yet saddened by events.

Very well done, you were clear and measured and the report made those LOCOG look petty and heavy handed. :smile:

Believe me, that doesn't take much. Everyone knows what LOCOG stands for (LondonOrganising Commitee for the Olympic Games) but I said to the reporter that up here we call them Local Organised Chaos Optimisation Group. I hope that bit made it in !

It's a shame we didn't get the opportunity to see the report on TV, but Coran filmed it in the background as well, so at least I got to see her copy. From what I saw I did pretty good, although I hate the sound of my voice ! Maybe tomorrow I'll have another email from the BBC !

Edited by Talisman

What am I saying? Sky Sports News, although you may well have made the main one.

As soon as I read here that you were going to be on I had the telly turned onto the Sky Sports News channel - and unheard of event in this house I can tell you! :giggle2:

It was too hot to sleep last night, and I think I only got a couple of hours in total. I don't usually function well with that little sleep, but have been surprisingly ok today. Even managed to stay awake while reading my book during my lunch break!

Here's hoping it'll be a bit cooler tonight, although I don't hold out much hope at the moment.

How hot is it chesilbeach?

What am I saying? Sky Sports News, although you may well have made the main one.

As soon as I read here that you were going to be on I had the telly turned onto the Sky Sports News channel - and unheard of event in this house I can tell you! :giggle2:

They said it might make the main Sky News, but of course that was a rather big but. I am just glad that the message is now out there though, as with the world's media about to be focussed on our little village, the more people that know about this the better. It is not of course all bad though, as there remain many positive things about the Games and I am sure that many of the local businesses will do very well from it - especially pubs and hotels - I know of at least one local pub that is charging four times the normal rate for his rooms, all of which were booked over a year ago - one so he says to an Italian politician. I will be there at the side of the road though waving my flag with the rest of them.

How hot is it chesilbeach?

It was still 20ºC at about 11:30pm last night. I doesn't sound too hot to a lot of people used to hot temperatures, but bear in mind we haven't reached this temperature during the day for most of this year so far! It was also reasonably humid and the air was still, which I find quite oppressive.

Feels like it might be a bit better tonight, as it's currently 20.2ºC now at nearly 9.30pm, so hopefully it might drop a few degrees once it's got dark (just coming up for twilight now).

Had a very long day at work today, and haven't had nearly enough reading time for the day, but hoping to make up for it this weekend.

It was still 20ºC at about 11:30pm last night. I doesn't sound too hot to a lot of people used to hot temperatures, but bear in mind we haven't reached this temperature during the day for most of this year so far! It was also reasonably humid and the air was still, which I find quite oppressive.

Feels like it might be a bit better tonight, as it's currently 20.2ºC now at nearly 9.30pm, so hopefully it might drop a few degrees once it's got dark (just coming up for twilight now).

Had a very long day at work today, and haven't had nearly enough reading time for the day, but hoping to make up for it this weekend.

I wish we'd have temps like that, night or day! We won't see that till deep into next fall, and possibly winter, here. (and count ourselves lucky :o )

Right now, at 1:38 a.m. it's 26C/79F and that's coolish for this time of year.

The vet came out today and gave our cats their shots. Always a fun experience. Not. :P

I corral them ahead of time into large kennels so as not to have to chase them into nooks and crannys in the house. Oy.

We only have 6 cats now, so it isn't so difficult. They're all inside cats, as out here in the "country", the critters are dangerous to them.

Brilliant day for Coran and I watching the Olympic cyclists come hurtling through our village - 9 times. Coran is making a film for the Neighbourhood Council while I had my stills camera, and between us we got some brilliant footage with terrific views, some at very close range. The womens race tomorrow should be a lot quieter as they do just the 2 circuits and start later, leaving from The Mall at 12 noon. This is good as it means that we can both have a very well deserved lie in !

Edited by Talisman

My family has had a pretty rough time over the last few weeks after the death of my grandad :cry: .

It has also meant that we have been divided between England and Spain. My dad can't travel and I have stayed here to look after him and the dog, whilst mum has been with the rest of the family in the UK for the funeral.

Well, tomorrow my mum flies here and I'm really looking forward to seeing her, but it also means that I have to clean the house from top to toe before she gets back eek!

Big hugs karen.d :empathy:

It's not been too bad a weekend apart from getting a heachache which lasted from 2pm Sat to 8am this morning :motz:

Looking forward to payday so that I can indulge in the Amazon Kindle marathon :) oh and I managed to get my hair cut and coloured so feel loads better now the badger stripe has gone lol

Big hugs karen.d :empathy:

It's not been too bad a weekend apart from getting a heachache which lasted from 2pm Sat to 8am this morning :motz:

Looking forward to payday so that I can indulge in the Amazon Kindle marathon :) oh and I managed to get my hair cut and coloured so feel loads better now the badger stripe has gone lol

Thanks. I hope your headache feels better now.

:empathy: Karen.d

I loved watching the cyclists going past when we had an international race here too Talisman. Can't wait until they're back again next year. I haven't had time to watch any of the games. We've all had the flu the last couple of weeks, and now we're better I'm scrambling to catch up with my studies.

I'm sorry to hear about your grandad, Karen.D :friends0:.

I have 1 1/2 days left of work until vacation so I'm scrambling to get things wrapped up. We have our company picnic in the afternoon tomorrow and after that I will be free for a week! I'm off to our lake cabin up north and am very much looking forward to lots of relaxing with a book and also being with my fam. We do have wi-fi up there so if I can't seem to keep myself away you might see me post here or there ;)

Got in from work about half an hour ago having gone home via Sainsburys for a cup of tea. I am sitting here listening to the opening ceremony soundtrack while trawling through my pictures to decide which ones to send to the Dorking Ad, along with a rtaher lengthy tome which I have added to my blog. I will leave them to edit it, if they choose, and I am sure they will.

Edited by Talisman