What's up in July?

Kell

It'll be interesting what they have to say June. Unfortunately I won't be able to listen in, but I've checked and I can see Radio Surrey on iPlayer, so I'll try and listen later. Good luck, I'd be far too nervous to appear on live radio!

Back at work after a long weekend, but not too much to catch up on as it was only a couple of days out, and did manage to get a decent reading session in at lunchtime. :)

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Today I sat in on a meeting at work with a company representative.

Pretty sure my mentor only brought me with her because my other mentor wasn't in. Which is fine, I'm in no way qualified to assess the product/service being offered on behalf of my department/the university. Neither is my mentor, but she at least knows what info to collect for the bossman! Anyway, I went to the meeting, and I have to say, sitting there having this guy talking me through this product (an alternative course to our current ECDL), and being somewhat involved in the discussion with him and my mentor, who actually engaged me as an equal, and having him think I was actually a Person of Some Importance, alongside Noelette, felt fantastic. I loved it. I've never been of relevance at that level of business before. My opinion has never counted for anything, or been counted, in a workplace. It really was a fantastic feeling.

Thanks Chesil - I have done live radio before, when my book was first published, but that was a few years ago, so I will be a little nervous. That nervous energy though is a good thing, that will probably help.

I too though will be interested to hear what they have to say, and perhaps more to the point, what the listeners will have to say afterwards, as people may well be phoning in with their comments. Box Hill was on the BBC news tonight as well, and also at lunchtime with various residents stating about how we will be effectively marooned in the village for the weekend. Our village is then suddenly appearing on the world map. BBC Surrey today, BBC 1 News tomorrow, who knows? Either way, it promises to be a interesting few weeks ...

If you are interested to read the original article, it can be found here

Edited by Talisman

Well after sleeping in this morning...oops thanks to being rudely woken by the howling wind and rain at 3am! I managed to drag myself into work and finish my consolidation training on helpline. After work I went shopping then home and walked the doggies. Now sat relaxing but will try and have an early night and get to work early (famous last words lol)

Graduated yesterday! Was a brilliant day with the folks and fiancé. The sun managed to come out a bit and the ceremony wasn't too boring, hehe.

Here's a picture of me all suited up.

Also had my wedding rehearsal today, not long now!

Congratulations on graduating Timstar and nice photo.

Muggle and Bree, your bears and elephants are awesome! It's a wonder your bear didn't bring the bird-feeder back for a refill Muggles. That close up photo of the bear is amazing Bree, he's absolutely beautiful, I can almost feel him giving me a lick :D

Just been on the radio. They were a bit late getting to me, as of course they have to react to other news stories, but at least it was out there, and is starting to be talked about, so I guess that is what matters. I was though a bit disappointed that they were so late, as it meant that I only had about one minute on the air and couldn't say even half of what I needed to.

Congrats Timstar.

The bear photos are amazing. All we get in our backyard are the neighbours cats, birds, and the odd hedgehog. We'd definitely get a fright if we got anything like that down here.

Have had a kid sick on the couch for the last two days. Hopefully it doesn't last much longer, or spread to the rest of the house.

these will be the last bear photos that I post or I may get banned from the forum. :)

The first photo is of a bear that I named "Posing Bear"

The second photo is named "As Close As I Get". Most photos are taken from my porch which is elevated from the ground. This photo I went down into the yard and got pretty close to the bear. unfortunately the photo needs enlarging and I am still learning to use my new computer.

The last photo is of a momma bear and two bear cubs. They are probably no more than 7 days old when I took the photo. A couple weeks later the momma and cubs were at my bird feeder when something scared them . The one little cub ran to her momma right away. The other cub was a little further away from the momma and went lickety-split up a tree. I could hardly believe how fast it went up the tree.

Wish I had a better camera when I was taking these photos.

Hope things improve for you Devi - and that you feel better soon.

:friends3:

Sorry for the late reply, thank you for the nice comment :)

Graduated yesterday! Was a brilliant day with the folks and fiancé. The sun managed to come out a bit and the ceremony wasn't too boring, hehe.

Here's a picture of me all suited up.

Also had my wedding rehearsal today, not long now!

Congratulations on the graduation, and you two make a lovely couple!

I have a horrid feeling that Xan may take after me in a way I wouldn't wish on any child - he may well inherit my migraines if today is anything to go by. We had a lovely play date with a friend, but when we came out, Xan said it had been too noisy and he had a "sore inside my head". He cried all the way home, clutching his little noggin and we had ot stop several times so i could pick him up and cuddle him - I even had to carry him part of the way home. When we got home, he had a small drink and was still complaining of the pain, so I gave him a little calpol and he lay down on the sofa for a cuddle. He was asleep in minutes. Xan has never been one for sleeping - he didn't have any daytime naps at all from being around 18 months, so for him to sleep all afternoon like this is very unlike him. And he's never complained of his head being so sore that he cries over it.

I had my first migraine when I was almost 7 years old and that was bad enough. My Mam had them from her teens, as did my sister (we all still get them occasoinally). I had hoped that Xan would be spared. Fingers crossed this is a one off and he doesn't have to suffer in the future like I have my whole life. :(

Congratulations on the graduation, and you two make a lovely couple!

Thank you :) I will post some wedding pics when we get them.

Fingers crossed this is a one off and he doesn't have to suffer in the future like I have my whole life. :(

I will certainly keep my fingers crossed for you two!

Congrats, Tim :smile:

Just been on the radio. They were a bit late getting to me, as of course they have to react to other news stories, but at least it was out there, and is starting to be talked about, so I guess that is what matters. I was though a bit disappointed that they were so late, as it meant that I only had about one minute on the air and couldn't say even half of what I needed to.

Just listened to it, June. You really didn't have much time, and it was a shame they hadn't been able to put your comments to LOCOG for their reaction either, but hopefully it will have put the issue out there for others to pick up on.

It has since been picked up by another website, where there are some interesting comments !

Coran and I were up at the Hill this afternoon, watching all the comings and goings. We are being treated to a guided tour of the operations centre on Wednesday night courtesy of LOCOG by way of thanking the village for all the crap (sorry, I meant to say disruption) that we have had to put up with. There were 50 tickets up for grabs, but only 13 people applied which kind of says it all ...

Edited by Talisman

Busy busy at the moment as 3 kids are finishing school for the holidays today and tomorrow and 2 of them are leaving schools to go up to junior/secondary, so have had sports days, leavers assemblies, leavers parties, leavers discos, new school induction, school reports etc etc to contend with :D ... add to that the fact that Steve has ben offered a new job and may be offered another one, so we have big decisions to make! :o I went past stressed a few days ago and feel oddly calm now... I probably won't be saying that once the kids have been home a week! :banghead: Still, Steve will be home in 2 weeks and we go on our cruise in 3 weeks, I have a lot to be thankful for.. :P And of course, there are always great books to read to help me relax. ;):readingtwo::smile:

Congratulations on your graduation Timstar and good luck with the wedding!! :bestw:

And well sone June, in getting some of your thoughts across! :smile: :smile:

Here's one - her name is Lakshmi which is the name of the Hindu Goddess of Wealth.

She's 9 years old - and belongs to a temple.

Her two mahouts take her to the river every morning for a 2-hour bath :)

She's a darling! Loves bananas, coconuts, peanuts - and a good old rub on her trunk.

She is just a darling Bree, elephants are such wonderful animals!! :friends3:

Today I sat in on a meeting at work with a company representative.

Pretty sure my mentor only brought me with her because my other mentor wasn't in. Which is fine, I'm in no way qualified to assess the product/service being offered on behalf of my department/the university. Neither is my mentor, but she at least knows what info to collect for the bossman! Anyway, I went to the meeting, and I have to say, sitting there having this guy talking me through this product (an alternative course to our current ECDL), and being somewhat involved in the discussion with him and my mentor, who actually engaged me as an equal, and having him think I was actually a Person of Some Importance, alongside Noelette, felt fantastic. I loved it. I've never been of relevance at that level of business before. My opinion has never counted for anything, or been counted, in a workplace. It really was a fantastic feeling.

Well done Noll, it sounds like everything is going really well for you.. :friends3:

And well sone June, in getting some of your thoughts across! :smile: :smile:

Thanks Chaliepud - it is a good feeling to know that they are being shown up for the incompetent idiots that they are !

I had an interesting email this morning via my website from someone suggesting that we set up an online donation facility that people can donate directly to so that the charities that we would have supported can still benefit. I have forwarded it on to our Chairman anyway to see what he thinks. I think it's a great idea.

Coran and I are looking forward to seeing the Olympic torch this afternoon as it winds its way through Dorking, but in the meantime, I am waiting for the hairdresser.

Going to an evening wedding do tomorrownight and am delighted that I won't have to fork out for a new dress after all because the one I bought to go to my Mam's wedding 6 years ago and which is a full 3 sizes smaller than I was wearing back in February this year actually fits me again! Am over the moon and practically doing cartwheels of joy! I've also been making some pretty hair accessories to wear (my new favourite style is a halo braid!) so I'm going to be looking Pretty McGorgeous! :)

My day just gets better and better....not!

Hubby is very down again, work was pants, I broke my shoe and now have a weekend of hubby to contend with, oh the joys :o

Congrats on everything, Timstar, and wtg Noll! You are definitely a person of importance and it's great that the meeting went so well for you :D.

Sorry to hear about your day, Jules :friends3: I hope your weekend goes better than expected.

My long work week is over, so I'm home now relaxing and enjoying an adult beverage! I'm making myself spend no money and stay in for the most part this weekend. My trip to LA is in less than 2 months and I need to save up more money! Not to mention my mini roadtrip which starts the day after I get back from out west. Needless to say I plan on getting in lots of reading time this weekend.

I hope everyone has a lovely weekend :D.

The sun is out, the sky is blue, there's not a cloud, to spoil the view, but ... thankfully I don't need to finish that lyric, it's just lovely to see the sun making an appearance this summer!

I'm hoping to get plenty of reading done this weekend, and don't really have anything else planned. :smile2: