Buying a Website

Ben

Okay, so I've been thinking about buying a website for a while now, but there's so many sites that can do it and I have no idea which one to use. Do any of you lovely people have a site? What site would be the best to use? Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks folks.

I suppose I worded that badly. I meant purchasing my own domain. I plan on using it for what I use my blog for - reviews and opinion pieces, that sort of thing. I think I'd be okay with the technical side of things, and if not I have a couple of friends that could help me.

Ben, I will get right back to you on this. I have experience of having two websites up and running at the moment. I will check out some facts and get back to you asap.

Andie P x

Thank you. I think I'm mainly just needing a nod in the right direction to be honest - there's an overwhelming amount of sites that offer the chance to purchase domains and I'm not sure which to use.

My partner who is a website designer, uses a company called Krystal Hosting who will not only host your site, but can also register your name. They offer different packages depending on the level of service that you need - and of course if you need someone to design it for you, I know the perfect person !

Ben,

The cheapest way to do this would be to set up a blog on blogger - which would have a yourdomainname.blogspot.com address.

But you can then buy a domain - from any domain seller/reseller(which would be cheaper) and get the blogger blog to load for this domain. so you can have a yourdomainname.com or .co.uk

However if your site is going to be resource-heavy - with loads of media to be uploaded - and if you need more control and customisation than blogger offers, you'd best be buying a webspace from a webhost.

What are your requirements?

The cheapest way to do this would be to set up a blog on blogger - which would have a yourdomainname.blogspot.com address.

But you can then buy a domain - from any domain seller/reseller(which would be cheaper) and get the blogger blog to load for this domain. so you can have a yourdomainname.com or .co.uk

This is exactly what I'm interested in, I was just wondering what would be the best seller to purchase the domain for? I've seen a few sites that offer it, but I was wondering if anyone had any particular experiences using one, or whether it really mattered which one I used.

I've bought with godaddy.com and namecheap.com.

I'd recommend the latter as they are more straightforward and no-nonsense to deal with - and they also throw in a free who-is guard.

I have recently opened up My New Webiste Its mainly a store website where you can do internet shopping but I got all my domain name and everything included in a package!

I would also agree, Godaddy is a good place to go with, I think you should just google "Buy domain names" and just try and find the cheapeast ones! But make sure the website is well designed and have examples of domains they've sold just to be on the safe side!