Game of Thrones - Season 2

Timstar

Little Maisie Williams is really holding her own against Charles Dance. Best scenes again this week were the Arya/Tywin ones. She should get an Emmy nom, she's so good in the role :smile:

And big YAY for The Hound :D

Little Maisie Williams is really holding her own against Charles Dance. Best scenes again this week were the Arya/Tywin ones. She should get an Emmy nom, she's so good in the role :smile:

And big YAY for The Hound :D

Yeah she's doing really well! Possibly my favourite episode so far last night.

Yeah she is great! I watched the first episode of this and couldn't stand the presenter. He is so patronising it's ridiculous. He's acting like he is doing interviews and commentary for Harry Potter or something like that. Watched that and he is still annoying, I know she is young but he asks stupid questions and talks down to her then keeps interrupting her! Really irritating.

Yeah. I watched the Charles Dance interview (won't post it, cos there are major Storm of Swords spoilers in it - the silly arse for coming out with them!) and he can't even remember Maisie/Arya's name, just calls her 'that wonderful little girl'! :doh:

Much prefer Kelly-Anne Smith doing the interviews :wub:

Sheesh, Grace Dent interviewing George RR Martin after last night's episode:

Dent: "George, I just wanted to say that I think you're marvellous, fantastic, a genius!"

Martin: "I know I am."

Okay, I may be exaggerating, but still the sycophancy was a bit much :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

I really don't like Ygritte, to be honest! She irritates me for some reason, no idea why exactly.

Arya and Jaqen scenes are my favourite this season, I just love Tom Wlaschiha in his role. :D I'm glad we get to see Arya quite often, especially compared to Sansa. She doesn't seem to be getting much screentime lately, does she? Not that I miss her arc too much.

I adore Jaqen - excellent character - I hope we see a lot more of him, but I suspect he may have played his part... for now! My favourites are definitely Arya and Tyrion, although I did also like Ygritte getting the upper hand with Jon Snow - brilliant! Another firm favourite of mine is Brienne of Tarth - she is just so awesome on every level - so statuesque. And lastly, Bronn - he's so straight forwardly ruthless and always makes me smile. :)

I was a bit disappointed. Guess my expectations were too high. The Cersei scenes, even though they're from the book, killed the pace of the episode a little, imo. Good to see some battle scenes at last, though!

Was it better in the book then?

The ship battle is much longer and more involved in the book, but I doubt they could've done that on a tv budget. It's just that the episode felt a little disjointed to me. I never really got the feel of any tension in the Cersei scenes, it was just her getting drunk and lecturing Sansa, which was a bit boring, whereas in the book I just wasn't sure where it was leading. I think they've softened Cersei up a bit too much for the show, tbh.

Edit: It's not that I didn't like it, I was just a tad disappointed due to overly high expectations. I think what this episode proved most to me is that when Benioff and Weiss stop doing the writing this show ratchets up several levels. Okay, so that was always going to be the case with this one with GRRM on duty, but I also thought earlier in the season that episodes written by others were noticeably better. The B&W episodes jump around far too much, and theirs have usually been the eps that include the most gratuitous stuff, like last week's sudden discovery of the 'c' bomb. They're like a couple of adolescents who think these things are grown up, when really it's just them being adolescents. Someone needs to tell them to stick to producing and leave the writing to others, IMO.

Edited by Karsa Orlong

I was expecting there to be more to the battle scenes but agree that they probably couldn't afford it. I do think Ygritte is a bit irritating in the show though which I didn't in the books and I really wish Sansa would grow a back bone though I know she doesn't.

Is it a long wait until the next series.

Don't quote me on this, but I think I heard somewhere that season 3 will be on near the end of the year. If that's true, we only have a few short months to wait. Fingers crossed!

I thought the TV show was good, but the book was much better. TV Cersei does not do the book Cercei justice (she is super mean).

He will have to jazz up sesons 4 and 5 quite a bit - just to stop the snores :P

I thought the TV show was good, but the book was much better. TV Cersei does not do the book Cercei justice (she is super mean).

He will have to jazz up sesons 4 and 5 quite a bit - just to stop the snores :P

:lol: Agreed on all counts :smile:

Hope you're right - I'd heard February 2013 at the earliest.

Well, look at it this way - even if we DO have to wait till February, at least it's not a whole year like you'd have to wait for most other shows. :)

• 2 weeks later...

April 2013 is the next series I believe.

I've just finished watching Season 2 of Game of Thrones and I thought it was fantastic. I hate to be predictable but my favourite characters were also Arya, Tyrion and Jason H'ghar - I hope we get to see more of him. Also, what happened to Bronn? I hope he hasn't disappeared entirely, he was one of my favourite characters as well as the others I mentioned.

All in all, I thought it made for fantastic television and even though I enjoyed not knowing what happened next, because I haven't read the books, I'm now very tempted to start reading them.