Most peculiar....

Ali9321

I don't have a kindle but have recently discovered the joys of the kindle app for my phone which means when I'm caught short without a book I can still enjoy. I'm also a bit of a cheapskate and having been intrigued by some of the suggestions in threads on forums I decided that the investment in the kindle version of the book was worth it to find out if I enjoyed the book, especially with books I think I'm unlikely to find in charity shops

Most recently this has included Crocodile on the Sandbank by Elizabeth Peters (bear with me, I am getting to the point!). I really enjoyed this book and so couldn't resist buying the next in the series. I was near to finishing that yesterday so couldn't help myself trundling along to amazon where I found them advertising an omnibus of the first four Elizabeth Peabody books for 85p! Well, despite fact I have first two that sounded like a bargain to me so was about to click when I noted it was available for preorder, release date May 17th. Oh well, that's fine - I can find something else to read in the meantime so clicked anyway and duly paid my 85p.

Today I get a message from amazon saying the product has been delivered, for more info on order click here. I followed the link to find the omnibus is now available at about £6 or so. Further investigation and the book has downloaded to my phone and available for reading....

Slightly confused, and quite smug about the bargain. Does this happen often with amazon or did I luck out???