• Announcements

• Hayley

Downtime for Updates   01/26/2021

The forum is going to be offline while our new hosts backup and update the site. We'll be back soon and you can check our twitter (@bookclubforum) or the patreon page ( bookclubforum.co.uk is creating a book community | Patreon ) for updates.   See you all soon!  
Sign in to follow this  
lunababymoonchild

The Shape of Darkness

This is an extremely good book. It's Victorian Gothic fiction and a murder mystery.  It has plenty of plot twists with one at the very end that had me guessing, incorrectly, right until the very end. 

A victorian silhouette artist struggles with her health and numerous deaths that happen and seem to be connected to her.  She consults a spirit medium in the hope of finding out who the murderer is and what happened to her lost love.  The story isn't as simple as that but I don't want to put in any spoilers. This is a convuluted and complicated page turning story set in Bath during the 1800's.  The plot is amazing and highly original, the characters believable and the prose is well written.

Recommended.

she's one of my new favourite authors, I think she gets better with every book - haven't read this one yet.

57 minutes ago, Madeleine said:

she's one of my new favourite authors, I think she gets better with every book - haven't read this one yet.

Mine too. I've read all of her books and this is by far the best.