Books You're Looking Forward To In 2012

Kylie

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, I'm new to this forum, but would like to say I'm looking forward to:

The next Tilly Bagshawe /Sidney Sheldon book - Angel of the Dark (aug 12)

And

The next Penny Vinzenzi book - More Than You Know (April 12)

I wish Jilly Cooper would write a sequel to either Wicked or Jump, but I doubt this will happen.

Also glad to hear another edition of the Sookie books is coming out, just read that above, so I'm off to add that to my wishlist!

Now I'm off to look into this forum a little more.

• 1 month later...

Dr. Sleep by Stephen King.....the sequel to The Shining.....as I havent really read much of anything he's published in the past 15 years, I am very curious about this one

Though its not due to be published until 2013

Edited by Sofia

• 2 months later...

a new Kate Summerscale:

Mrs Robinson's Disgrace by Kate Summerscale (Bloomsbury). The follow-up to the prizewinning, bestselling The Suspicions of Mr Whicher centres on a celebrated Victorian divorce case.

Oooh, this is already published! :)

I'm also looking forward to Dexter's Debut, the seventh novel in the series, which is due to be out in October! :smile2:

Oh, I saw that new Summerscale book in the shop the other day.

I also saw a huge, gorgeous hardback book of Jane Austen's Letters. It was published last year but I'm hoping the paperback will be released this year. I had no idea so many of Austen's letters were still in existence.

Good lord, I still haven't read the first Dexter book! I love that authors publish new books often and don't keep their fans waiting, but at the same time, a small part of me is crying out 'can you please stop for a little while until I've caught up?' Of course, I'll never be able to read everything I want to read. :(

I also saw a huge, gorgeous hardback book of Jane Austen's Letters. It was published last year but I'm hoping the paperback will be released this year. I had no idea so many of Austen's letters were still in existence.

The Folio Society published a lovely edition of Austen's letters a year or two ago - it sometimes comes up on ebay at quite decent prices (single figure pounds).

I saw the Summerscale new one, and am a bit on the fence about it. I'll probably buy it as I enjoyed her other one.

I have a couple of pre-orders with Amazon now, one is The Twelve, the sequel to Justin Cronin's The Passage. Also the new Louise Penny's new one...The Beautiful Mystery, an Inspector Gamache novel.

Also Salvation of a Saint by Keigo Higashino, and of course the new Lawrence Block Hit Me, of the Keller series, but that one, the Block isn't coming out till next February. Boo Hiss.

I've pre-ordered the new Ken Follett, Winter of the World book two of the Century Trilogy, and The Kingmakers Daughter by Phillipa Gregory.

The Folio Society published a lovely edition of Austen's letters a year or two ago - it sometimes comes up on ebay at quite decent prices (single figure pounds).

I looked it up; it's quite nice! The 'regular' hardback I mentioned has a lovely cover, but it's really rather expensive, even at the really cheap online shop I use. :(

Walter Moers' latest book, The Labyrinth of Dreaming Books, has been/is being translated into English and will be released on 1 November. I can't wait!