Vodkafan's 2012 Reading List and Genre Challenge

vodkafan

*snorts with laughter* Oh Frankie! I'm surprised you didn't also think 'That's a big ass chair. Voddy must be a giant!' Bahaha! (Luv ya *hugs*)

I think I actually kinda did, for a moment but I didn't want to add to my embarrassment :blush2:

Take care of your bod and your mind VF :empathy:

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Julie. Hasn't done me much good. Maybe I am just stupid.

No,VF

Not stupid. Just probably taken advantage of at times for being kind . Some people tend to use it as a weakness to get the most out of it . I have had a lifelong experience in what being kind can do,so I have begun turning in the other direction . NOT a good route to take,but after you have turned the other cheek, used your OTHER cheeks and gotten them both kicked, I have adopted a new plan.

Not a GOOD one ,but one in which I don't get hurt as often . When you run out of CHEEKS you ether start re-using them,or defend them .

Love the pic .. hilarious :D What have you done with the small Finnish person? .. he could turn pages for you (oh I forgot .. you don't turn actual pages anymore ;)) .. he could press buttons maybe :D You haven't ground his bones to make bread have you? :o

Shadow Of The Wind .

Great book, loved it. Am looking forward to your review. Have to say, I'm currently struggling a bit with his next one, The Angel's Game, though. Beautifully written, but lacking the narrative drive of Shadow of the Wind.

Love the pic .. hilarious :D What have you done with the small Finnish person? .. he could turn pages for you (oh I forgot .. you don't turn actual pages anymore ;)) .. he could press buttons maybe :D You haven't ground his bones to make bread have you? :o

ah Poppy that's such a great idea having a little Page Slave....but I let him go in the end. I find the little bones tend to stick in my teeth.

Great book, loved it. Am looking forward to your review. Have to say, I'm currently struggling a bit with his next one, The Angel's Game, though. Beautifully written, but lacking the narrative drive of Shadow of the Wind.

Hi Willoyd, not sure what you mean exactly by narrative drive, I read The Angel's Game first and did enjoy it, but I have to agree that Shadow Of The Wind to me was a much better story. Will review it later today.

Hi Willoyd, not sure what you mean exactly by narrative drive,

I mean the pace at which the story is pushed forward and the focus of that story. Zafon spends a lot of time developing the main protagonist's character in some considerable depth, and has introduced a number of ancillary characters, but given that I've completed over 200 fairly substantial pages, the plotline hasn't really developed that much. It's not exactly racing forward! That's not necessarily a disadvantage - I like my characters well developed - but I am still left sort of wondering quite where this is going.

Edited by willoyd

I mean the pace at which the story is pushed forward and the focus of that story. Zafon spends a lot of time developing the main protagonist's character in some considerable depth, and has introduced a number of ancillary characters, but given that I've completed over 200 fairly substantial pages, the plotline hasn't really developed that much. It's not exactly racing forward! That's not necessarily a disadvantage - I like my characters well developed - but I am still left sort of wondering quite where this is going.

Oh right. Well, without giving anything away it does build to a climax. The main protagonist is in up to his neck in it and can no longer remain an impartial observer. I will say no more!!