New guy

Just_Pete

Hi guys and girls,

Favourite Genre? This would probably be sci-fi / fantasy and then the latter of the two if pushed to a final answer. That doesn't mean I'm closed to just those subject's though. I dabble with true life, comedy and war orientated drama.

Favourite author? David Edding's, Robert Jordan, Bruce Sterling, Orson Scott Card. I have also read quite a bit by Dan Brown which I found very easy going and Bill Bryson seems to have such a vast subject matter and I enjoy that.

Thanks for the welcomes :-)

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Pete, Great to have another Sci-Fi fan on board...have you ever read any Jack Vance? He wrote both Sci Fi and Fantasy (the others are probably groaning right now I have asked you this, I tell people about Jack all I can, it's my duty to literature..)

Also do you know about SF Gateway? It opens in 6 days.... :balloons:

Sci fi for everyone! Do you like the cyber punk genre? It's kind of gritty sci-fi, drugs and body moderation, that kind of thing. William Gibson's Neuromancer is a great start. It's a really cool genre. Includes Matrix and Blade Runner, if that's your thing.

Does that mean Philip K. Dick was cyber punk Hyzenthlay?