Looking for a particular book...

I'm trying to find a book that I read as a kid. The problem is I don't remember the title, the author, or even what it was about. The only thing I remember is one particular scene:

It's snowing. There are three knights on horseback. One is wearing black armor and is on a black horse; the other two are wearing white armor and are on white horses. At first glance, the white horses look like they're not being ridden at all because the knights' armor is so white that they're practically invisible against the snow.

And that's it. That's the only thing I remember, apart from sorta kinda vaguely suspecting that there might have been a cat in it somewhere (although I wouldn't bet my life on it). That one scene has been stuck in my head for years, and I'd really like to find out what it's from. So if anyone has any idea what I'm talking about, please let me know.

This sounds really familiar to me but I have no idea what it is either! It's the bit about the white knights looking invisible against the snow that got me thinking.

It made 'Through The Looking Glass' pop into my head but I think that might have been one white and one black knight since they were from a chess board.

Sorry for not being more helpful :blush:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...