Suggestions

Hello everybody. I am a keen book lover from Greece and I am new to this community. I am vrey much into the Mystery / Action / Crime genre, you know books in which the "hero" uses not only his muscles but also his wits to solve mysteries (preferably mysteries hundreds of years old involving the Church) - stuff by Dan Brown, Scott mariani or the Tom Kirk Series. I have just finished The Venice Conspiracy by Jon Trace and I really enjoyed it. I could certainly use some advice on what to read next. Thanks everyone and I am really looking forward to talk some books with some of you.

"you know books in which the "hero" uses not only his muscles but also his wits to solve mysteries (preferably mysteries hundreds of years old involving the Church)"

How about Labyrinth by Kate Mosse, I think it will be right up your alley! Although its not got much to do with crime.

Here's a summary:

Labyrinth is an archaeological mystery English-language novel written by Kate Mosse set both in the Middle Ages and present-day France. It was published in 2005.

It divides into two main storylines that follow two protagonists, Alaïs (from the year 1209) and Alice (in the year 2005). The two stories occur in a shared geography and intertwine. The novel relies heavily on historical events such as the massacre at Béziers and the Crusade against the Cathars in Occitania, now the South of France, from around 1200. The text itself features many Occitan and French quotes, with some misspellings.

It sucks you in pretty quick, an amazing read ;)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello everybody. I am a keen book lover from Greece and I am new to this community. I am vrey much into the Mystery / Action / Crime genre, you know books in which the "hero" uses not only his muscles but also his wits to solve mysteries (preferably mysteries hundreds of years old involving the Church) - stuff by Dan Brown, Scott mariani or the Tom Kirk Series. I have just finished The Venice Conspiracy by Jon Trace and I really enjoyed it. I could certainly use some advice on what to read next. Thanks everyone and I am really looking forward to talk some books with some of you.

try any by lee child

• 2 weeks later...