Your Book Activity Today ~ Thread 15

Janet

Started The Welsh Girl by Peter Ho Davies this morning. I only know it's set in WW2 so have no idea what to expect. Very good start though!

I read The Welsh Girl a couple of years ago, Claire. From what I recall, opinions about it on here were somewhat mixed, but I enjoyed it immensely.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Happy? Happy? I'm beyond happy! I'm so thrilled!! It's such an awesome book!

Hehe :D I'd previously seen that book at the charityshop but didn't buy it because I wanted an English copy, because I thought Moers wrote it originally in English, but it turns out he didn't ;) So I thought I can totally go for the Finnish translation :smile2:

Haven't made any progress with The Murder of Roger Ackroyd because was busy being sociable back in homehome town.

I read about 50 pages of Assassani today, then went to the Half Price Books sale. I came out with a paperback box set of the Sookie Stackhouse series for only $10! I'm very excited about it :D

Wow, what a bargain! Did you not have your own copies before?

I've managed around 20 pages of The Master and Margarita today, and I'm really starting to get into it.

Kylie

Captain Bluebear looks so cute ! What a great find ! I have checked it out at the library but never seem to get around to the library books I bring home. Too many others laying here looking for attention .

Chalie

So sorry you're under the weather and also unable to get much reading in lately. I hate when that happens -- no fun at all !

Wow, what a bargain! Did you not have your own copies before?

Nope, I borrowed them when I first read them from a friend of mine but had always wanted to start collecting my own copies. The set is just of the first 8 books, but it was still a steal!

Kylie

Captain Bluebear looks so cute ! What a great find ! I have checked it out at the library but never seem to get around to the library books I bring home. Too many others laying here looking for attention .

Yep, Captain Bluebear's cuteness was what sold me on the book. giggle.gif Weave wrote a great review and included a picture of the cover and I was immediately smitten. There are loads of great illustrations throughout and the stories (his 'lives) are wonderful. I highly recommend it!

Ha! I posted the list on my reading thread well before I posted here thank you very much! I posted pics too. Top that! :Pgiggle.gif

Nnnggggh hmph ... fine!!! :D

Edit: I got Henry Miller's Opus Pistorum today for 20cnt, and Kjell Westö's Lang for free. I'm hoping to finish Roger Ackroyd today.

Edited by frankie

I have a £30 gift voucher for Amazon to spend I am going shopping guilt free.

I'm jealous! :D

I just got Grave Peril, the third Dresden Files book, for the Kindle, and downloaded a sample of Adam Neville's The Ritual (although I still haven't read Apartment 16).

I finished Roger Ackroyd last night and started reading Crippen by John Boyne. I read about 43 pages and I'm utterly fascinated.

I'll be interested to know what you think of Crippen Frankie. I like John Boyne's books and have thought about getting this one.

I am reading Interpreters by Sue Eckstein at the moment and it is brilliant.

I'll be interested to know what you think of Crippen Frankie. I like John Boyne's books and have thought about getting this one.

If I remember correctly, Kell, Michelle and lauraloves have all read the book for the Transworld Book Group Reading Challenge and I think at least some of them have already reviewed the book :) It might take me some time to read the book, but I have to say I'm really looking forward to it, I was hooked right from the start :)