The Witch and Wizard series by James Patterson

Donna

Has anyone read the first book in this new series by James Patterson?

Witch and Wizard - book one

You are holding an urgent and vital narrative that reveals the forbidden truth about our perilous times....

This is the astonishing testimonial of Wisty and Whit Allgood, a sister and brother who were torn from their family in the middle of the night, slammed into prison, and accused of being a witch and a wizard. Thousands of young people have been kidnapped; some have been accused; many others remain missing. Their fate is unknown, and the worst is feared—for the ruling regime will stop at nothing to suppress life and liberty, music and books, art and magic...and the pursuit of being a normal teenager.

Witch and Wizard: The Gift - book two

When Whit & Wisty were imprisoned by the wicked forces of the totalitarian regime known as the New Order, they were barely able to escape with their lives. Now part of a hidden community of teens like themselves, Whit and Wisty have established themselves as leaders of the Resistance, willing to sacrifice anything to save kids kidnapped and brutally imprisoned by the New Order.

But the One has other plans in store for them: He needs Wisty, for she is "The One Who Has the Gift." While trying to figure out what that means, Whit and Wisty's suspenseful adventures through Overworld and Shadowland lead to a jaw-dropping climax and conclusion: the highly-anticipated fulfillment of the heart-pounding opening prologue of book one... The Execution of the Allgoods.

The second book isn't out until December 13th, but I can highly recommend the first one! :D

These sound quite interesting.... just HOW Young Adult-ish are they? Bordering on adult or bordering on children's? I might like these if they lean more towards adult, but I doubt I would otherwise.

Young Adult books can vary so greatly in level of maturity/tone!

These sound quite interesting.... just HOW Young Adult-ish are they? Bordering on adult or bordering on children's? I might like these if they lean more towards adult, but I doubt I would otherwise.

Young Adult books can vary so greatly in level of maturity/tone!

I enjoyed Witch and Wizard because it bordered on the adult side of YA. My local library had shelved it in the adult section! The two main characters are 18 and 16 (I think) but very mature. It's well written and the language used is more adult.

I'm always very wary of YA books, I try to avoid the ones bordering on the children side. I would highly recommend it.

• 3 weeks later...

Despite having many, many books still waiting to be read on my TBR mountain, when I was given this recently (it apparently came free with a paper) I decided to read it straight away.

I only have about 50 pages to go, and so far have really enjoyed the fast paced action, the rapid but seamless throwing-in of concepts into the story and the characters. I'll edit to include my thoughts once I've finished, but I'd say this is an absorbing and well described story. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Despite having many, many books still waiting to be read on my TBR mountain, when I was given this recently (it apparently came free with a paper) I decided to read it straight away.

I only have about 50 pages to go, and so far have really enjoyed the fast paced action, the rapid but seamless throwing-in of concepts into the story and the characters. I'll edit to include my thoughts once I've finished, but I'd say this is an absorbing and well described story. :)

Glad you are enjoying it, Chrissy :) I found it very engaging from the first few chapters. I'm trying to get ahold of the second one now.

• 2 weeks later...

I love this series! I've just finished The Gift and I just love James Patterson's fast paced and brilliant writing! After reading other works of his such as Maximum Ride I knew this would be a good read!