Pets ~ Part Two

Chrissy

Welcome to the cat collective Mango, you already have many aunties and uncles worldwide!, Uncle Jasper, Auntie Sascha, Uncle Dylan and Auntie Quinn, everyone, feel free to add your cat's name :)

• Replies 925
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Welcome to the cat collective Mango, you already have many aunties and uncles worldwide!, Uncle Jasper, Auntie Sascha, Uncle Dylan and Auntie Quinn, everyone, feel free to add your cat's name :)

Awwww! Thanks guys. She feels so welcome and at home. :) She's currently sleeping peacefully on my friend's chest after a rather rowdy half hour of laser pointer fun. :D

Aww, what a precious little kitty!

So adorable, Abby. :) Oh, and Mango's pretty cute too. :wink:

Nice post Kylie :)

You'll get used to it in time. Jasper still meows endlessly when I put him in the bathroom. I reckon he will always do it, but I think it's just because he's a sticky beak and likes to know everything that's going on. :giggle2:

You'll get used to it in time. Jasper still meows endlessly when I put him in the bathroom. I reckon he will always do it, but I think it's just because he's a sticky beak and likes to know everything that's going on. :giggle2:

After about a half hour/ 45 minutes she stopped and didn't make a peep the rest of the night. :) Hopefully she'll be fine when I leave for work shortly! How's Jasper coming with the cords? Have you figured out something to keep him away yet?

Abby, Mango is adorable! Let me spell it out for you: A-DO-RA-BLE!!!! One of the cutest kittens I've ever seen, I swear. I love it that she's so social, I want to cuddle her, meoowwww! :smile2:

She would gladly take those Frankie cuddles! I have honestly NEVER seen a kitten who was this affectionate. She's always rubbing her nose against yours and purring up a storm the moment you pick her up. Most kittens her age I've seen wiggle and try to get out of your arms when you hold them, but Mango seems to prefer being held vs having free roam!

Mango has had quite a day today! She got her first bath (and didn't fight it hardly at all, even sat in the water without me holding her!) and got to explore a large box (which she fell into and got stuck...) She's still extremely clingy to me and will throw a fit if I leave the room, but hopefully she'll grow out of that quickly. I am having a friend come over here shortly to 'kitten sit' so I can do laundry because she won't let me even sort it let alone leave the apartment to throw it in the laundry room down the hall.

post-5625-0-14414100-1307932996_thumb.jpg

She would gladly take those Frankie cuddles! I have honestly NEVER seen a kitten who was this affectionate. She's always rubbing her nose against yours and purring up a storm the moment you pick her up. Most kittens her age I've seen wiggle and try to get out of your arms when you hold them, but Mango seems to prefer being held vs having free roam!

She sounds sooo nice! And yes, from what you've just told me, she doesn't sound like the most typical cat in my books. You're very lucky to have her, but you know that already! :smile2:

Mango has had quite a day today! She got her first bath (and didn't fight it hardly at all, even sat in the water without me holding her!) and got to explore a large box (which she fell into and got stuck...) She's still extremely clingy to me and will throw a fit if I leave the room, but hopefully she'll grow out of that quickly. I am having a friend come over here shortly to 'kitten sit' so I can do laundry because she won't let me even sort it let alone leave the apartment to throw it in the laundry room down the hall.

And another thing to amaze us: a cat that sits in the water without having to be hold down... She's a keeper! :D

I'm really impressed that Mango is a kitten aquatic Abby! :)

Some photos of my furbabies ~

Dylanhighfive.jpg

High five Dylan! :)

DylanandQuinnsnoozing.jpg

Nap time :)

Quinn6-2.jpg

Ever the lady... :)

I've pinched part of Poppyshake's quote from another thread because I didn't want to get off-topic there.

Have you got dogs/cats? .. they're a nightmare in the dark, mine always try to kill me.

:haha: Mine always attacks me in daylight; I hate to think what he'd be like in the dark!

You know that move in wrestling where one guy is on the ground and the other guy kind of throws himself down on him, sideways, with an elbow (not sure if I have quite right)? I swear my cat did that to me last night, but with a little less oomph. He also ran full-bolt at me, jumped up and used my chest as a kind of springboard to launch off on a crazy race around the room. He's just plain scary, sometimes. :hide:

Lovely pics of your cats, Weave. :)

Aww, Quinn and Dylan are so cute Paula!

Kylie, I think Mango is Jasper's long lost baby sister... She's very sweet and loving but totally destructive! I left her alone for 2 hours as a test to see if she could handle being let loose on the apartment with me not here and I came back to find the TV remotes hidden, my shoes chewed on and the smell of urine from an accident she had on the carpet. :doh: Then I curled up in my bed for a little nap and let her stay in the room (my main concern with locking her in the bathroom when I can't watch her is the urinating and poo accidents) only to close my eyes and have her freak out. I think she thought I was sick or something because she started crying and moaning then batted my nose to try and wake me up. I kept my eyes closed until she decided to sit on my face. :doh: Silly little thing.

At least she's feeling better now. Seems like the food change was exactly what she needed. Now we just need to work on aiming for the litter box.

Edited by AbielleRose

• 2 weeks later...

I have just spent the last hour repairing my phone wire as the little monster just casually came into the lounge reached up and chewed through it....grrrrr

Aren't cats just lovely? My cat loves to bite as well! You can look at her and admire you but don't you dare touch! Sometimes she will allow me briefly to scratch her head or under her neck before she decides to go for the bite!

• 3 months later...

It's a year ago today that we had to have our lovely dog, Cap put to sleep because of multiple tumours.

Anniversaries shouldn't really mean anything as such, but somehow they do. It's that measure of time having passed I guess . We have been pondering our time with him, and feel a bit blue really.

How sad Chrissy, we have that to go through over the next couple of years with 2 of ours :( I know how devastating it is, but thankfully we have the wonderful memories they leave us. What sort of dog was Cap, sounds like a Collie type name?

:empathy:

What a gorgeous boy Chrissy, intelligence and looks! I do love BC's, in fact there is a chance I will be getting one sometime next year if my friend manages to get a litter using her lovely boy, he has sired one lovely litter already and they have fantastic temperaments and are great workers too, perfect as I love obedience and agility, so fingers crossed!

Thanks for the hugs you two, :friends0:

I hate to break it to you Abby, but our cat Clyde (16 years old, grumpy and greedy) regularly forgets that he is a crotchety old boy with a wonky back leg and until we got a new taller bin with a clip down lid would regularly rummage! He will still take a chance with low units etc, if he whiffs an interesting smell. :lol:

He is fast asleep next to me here. He is taking more of the sofa than I am if you measure him from stretched out paws to tip of tail.

Hehe, cute pic Abby. Jasper stuck his head in a small box earlier and more or less got it stuck on his head. giggle.gif

Chrissy, have some friends0.gif. I can't believe it has been a year already. empathy.gif