Your Book Activity Today - Thread 12

Janet

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Managed 144 pages into Restless by William Boyd. Great plot, same sort of to and fro time wise as my recently finished The Blue Afternoon.

I finished The Polysyllabic Spree by Nick Hornby and have made a slow start on Lucky Jim by Kingsley Amis. I plan on reading Howl's Moving Castle by Diana Wynne Jones alongside it.

In the post I received Randolph's One Bedroom by Andrew Oberg and from netGallery I received:

- Miss Foster's Folly by Alice Gaines

- Hunger by Jackie Morse Kessler

- Presumed Dead by Shirley Wells

- Betrayed by Claire Robyns

- Karma Bites by Stacy Kramer and Valerie Thomas

I'm currently listening to The Angel Experiment by James Patterson

My other book from Amazon arrived today Laurie R King's The God of the Hive I even had time to visit the library after work, so I am booked up again:mrgreen:

Just had a bit of a cull of my TBR list. I've got books that have been there for over 2 years, that I don't want to read any more. Most of them were impulse charity shop buys, so I don't feel too guilty about returning them into the charity shop loop without reading. So 19 books less to be read, plus a bunch of others I've read and don't want to keep. My bookshelves are still spilling over though :roll:

I just finished Dear John :roll:

Is it good?

I've been trying to read Regency Buck by Georgette Heyer but I'm finding it boring, does it get better?

Finished Mephisto Club, really enjoyed it.

A girl at work has insisted I read one of her recommendations, Kathy Reichs-Deja Dead. I can't say I'm over keen but I'll give it a whirl.

Managed a few more pages in Restless by Boyd last night, but fell asleep. Phooey.

Stopped at one of our local libraries and bought

The Difference Between Woman and Men by Bret Lott...it's a collection of stories.

The Summons and The Pelican Brief by John Grisham

All hardbacks for 2.25 USD :roll: