Books that ended before it was time

Ooh, good thread!

I think I may be alone on this one, but I thought Fahrenheit 451 ended too suddenly. It's like the story was going, going, going... and then it just sort of stopped. Amazing book, but I just felt like it was a bit cut off at the end.

Definitely The Crimson Petal and the White by Michel Faber! :lol: I could have read alot more of The Road by Cormac McCarthy too, I was just getting into it when it ended faster than I would have liked. After Dark by Haruki Murakami was a short book and his books do leave things unanswered but that one in particular I wanted more.

Pretty much all of Georgette Heyer's Regency novels - they only ever come together on the very last page, and it would be good to have at least a few pages for the loose ends to be tied up and the story be properly wrapped up (OH agrees!).

The book that I have just finished, We Have Always Lived in the Castle by Shirley Jackson. There were so many more avenues for the characters to go down. I think that that was the point of where it ended but it could have gone on longer and I really wish that it had.

Definitely The Crimson Petal and the White by Michel Faber! :lol: I could have read alot more of The Road by Cormac McCarthy too, I was just getting into it when it ended faster than I would have liked. After Dark by Haruki Murakami was a short book and his books do leave things unanswered but that one in particular I wanted more.

I felt the same about The Road! I thought that the book sped up and finshed too quickly in the end. I would have liked a little extra of this really good read!

I recently read a couple of Alistar Reynolds books (and no neither were part of a series, so it wasn't that), but they both seem to end very abuptly.

Jamaica Inn also suffers from the same problem, I feel.

Michel Faber's Crimson Petal and the White sprang to mind straight away, I did not want this book to end. The same goes for his follow up book The Apple, both leave you wanting so much more and lots of unanswered questions.