Bummer!

I have been banned by OH from going to the library until I make a dent in the pile of books in spare room. All I wanted to do was go and check if local library had Remarkable Creatures, Tracy Chevalier. I thought that it would be better this way than buying from Tesco as it has just been released in paperback.:lol: He said that I would go to library and if that book was not there I would come home with others (he knows me so well).:D

The only compromise is that he will buy me The Lost Symbol, Dan Brown when it is released in paperback!:D

Yes my OH is getting a bit panicky about the amount of books, library and otherwise, that have taken over the house recently.

He's not banned me yet, but there have been delaying and avoidance tactics employed.

But anyone who will buy you a book can't be all that bad, he will relent .. like mine, once the pile goes down (I need an elf to come at night and read some of mine for me!).

He's right, you would've come home with others because it is actually a cardinal sin to come away from a library without a book.

Firm but fair Chrissy. If he doesn't know his place by now, she'll never get him trained properly.

:lol:

Love it :D

My hubby doesn't understand my book obsession and does try to curtail me but I just fire back his classic car bits and pieces and fishing tackle and he goes quiet then :D

Mine doesn't understand any of my obsessions, a perpetual state of bemused bewilderment seems to suit him best.

He mutters under his breath sometimes until he gets 'the look'. If I do 'the look' then the 'season ticket and expensive gig tickets' lecture isn't far behind.

That usually does the trick.

He only gets really upset if I move his food dish!:D

My husband jokes about my book obsession, but genuinely has no issue with it. As with all things including books, I'm an economical wifey, so there is little room to complain. :lol:

Same here, I don't smoke or drink or anything like that, so he isn't bothered that I buy books for myself :D

My OH also cracks jokes, but isn't bothered really - to be honest, he spends gazillions on games which last him a lot less than books last me, so it would be kinda funny in an unfunny way if he did have a problem with it :D.

Thanks for your thoughts on this everyone.

Feeling rather sheepish now as I just needed to rant.:D

He does have a fair point as in the last two months I have bought at least 10 books.

It has actually made me look at my books on TBR pile differently and hope to finally start the latest Michael Connolly Book, Nine Dragons and the Sebastian Barry Book, The Secret Scripture which incidentally are borrowed from my sis and mum so once read I can return.

[quote=Nicola Booth;385046Feeling rather sheepish now as I just needed to rant.:D

He does have a fair point as in the last two months I have bought at least 10 books.

No need to feel sheepish!

If it helps, tell your OH that I just bought 57 books in 3 days at a bookfair. I'm sure he'll then think nothing of your 10 books in 2 months! :lol: