Books you're looking forward to in 2010

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While there isn't anything I'm specifically waiting for, I am rather hoping some good biographies will emerge this year. Every month I browse the new ones in that section at Barnes and Noble and have to shake my head in disgust for the most part when I see yet another teen celebrity has added their contribution to the ranks. That or the politician/athlete/TV personality who has most recently disgraced themselves have cranked out their 'sympathy-garnering' story as recommended by the PR person they've hired to re-build their image. I really do wish these books had their own section, and were not placed in 'biographies' at all!!! :) They could call it the "Help Me Pay My Lawyers" department.

Real literary biographies are so far and few between, and I'm keeping my fingers crossed I may get a genuine surprise this year.

These are the ones I have noted on my blog so far ~

Alyson Noel - Blue Moon (5th March - PB)

Charlaine Harris - Dead And Gone (1st April - PB)

Cathy Glass - The Girl In The Mirror (1st April - PB)

Kelley Armstrong - Tales Of The Otherworld (13th April - PB)

Erica Spindler - Blood Vines (15th April - HB)

P.C. & Kristin Cast - Burned (27th April - HB)

Gayle Forman - If I Stay (13th May - PB)

Charlaine Harris - Dead In The Family (27th May - HB)

Jodi Picoult - Picture Perfect (24th June - PB)

Linwood Barclay - Fear The Worst (8th July - PB)

Maggie Stiefvater - Linger (20th July - HB)

Lauren Oliver - Before I Fall (22nd July - PB)

Tess Gerritsen - Ice Cold (27th July - HB)

Kelley Armstrong - Waking The Witch (5th Aug - HB)

Tess Gerritsen - The Killing Place (5th Aug - HB)

So excited for these two books coming out this year. Stylistically, McEwan is my most favorite author; he writes beautifully. Though some of his novels are dark and disturbing, I still love to read him just for his writing. Min

Edited by BookJumper

I know, I feel the same, I've been contemplating just buying it in hardback because it looks so good!

yeah I am too now, especially as that must mean it's the next one too come out in paperback too, and she's sure to have more out I will want to read.

Julia Spencer-FLeming (or it may be Fleming-spencer; I can never remember!) will have a new addition to her series on minister Clare Fergusson and cop Russ Van Alsytine. It's called "One Was a Soldier." I've been doing this series as an audibook, and have just been hooked. Fortunately, I came in 5 or so books in, and had the pleasure of listening to them in order, without waiting -- until now.