True Blood

ScottHughes

• Replies 928
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was going to start reading these books but I saw a sticker on the front of the book advertising the TV show, so I've decided to give that a go first. (as I have too many books to read for the time being)

I've managed to get hold of the entire first series and now that my programme schedule is clear until September, I have plenty of time to watch them. I can't wait to jump right in after reading this thread. :lol:

I've set the recorder for the first episode on Friday (as I'll forget otherwise!)

Me too!

I've been tempted by the books but thought I'd give the TV show a go first as my TBR pile is out of control! :lol:

I cancelled our Sky subscription when we moved so we only have Freeview (I rarely make a point of watching anything really, the tv is usually only on in the background). I went to check to make sure we got FX and arghhhh ... you guessed it ... we don't!!! ;):icon_eek:

Does anyone know where I can watch the series online??? *sniff* ;)

I watched the first 5 episodes of series 1 today. That's a whole lot of nakedness!! And it took me ages to figure out where I'd seen all those faces before. I'm hoping the story picks up from here on in though... there's only so much nakedness I can explain away. :D

I watched the first 5 episodes of series 1 today. That's a whole lot of nakedness!! And it took me ages to figure out where I'd seen all those faces before. I'm hoping the story picks up from here on in though... there's only so much nakedness I can explain away. :D

Yes - lots of familiar faces:

Ryan Kwantan (Jason Stackhouse) was in an Aussie soap (can't remember which one, but I suspect Home and Away)

Anna Paquin (Sookie Stackhouse) was in The Piano as a small girl (my, hasn't she grown up?)

Stephen Moyer (Bill Compton) was in vampire mini series Ultraviolet playing, yes, you've guessed it, a vampire (he was one of the secondary leads)

William Sanderson (Sherriff Dearborn) was JF Sebastian in Bladerunner

Several other cast members have cropped up in the same shows (although not at the same time) too. Numb3rs, CSI and Without a Trace all seem very common between them in the bit-part stakes! ER also crops up a whole lot.

And there continues to be a whole lot of nekkidness, but not quite as much as there is initially (though it doesn't decrease much - the books are quite sexy, so the series is following suit - and this suit seems to be a birthday one - LOL!).

Edited by Kell

So far I've just read the first of the Sookie Stackhouse books, and a couple weeks ago I finished watching the first season of True Blood and I love it! I ended up just renting it through the mail with Netflix since I don't have cable TV, and hopefully one of these days I'll get to see season two.

At first I wasn't sure about Anna's portrayal of Sookie, but after finishing the first season she has definitely grown on me. I'm not a fan of how Bill says her name either :D. While I was reading the book I was reading it like the way Lorelei pronounced her best friend's name in Gilmore Girls - am I the only one that did that?!

Like others, I also adore Eric and Sam :D.

I watched the first episode last night and I think I enjoyed it. I've not read the books but was told by a friend that they're not too different from Twilight, therefore was NOT expecting the whole naked man/naked lady/naked vampire aspect which isn't very Cullen is it! :lol:

I'm looking forward to watching the rest of the season through my fingers! haa!

I did watch the first episode, but I wasn't blown away by it. For those who've seen the whole series - does it just cover Dead Until Dark? It seems very little has happened in the first episode, so I'm wondering if the entire series just covers the story from the first book? I'm a bit worried if it does, as I can read the book in a few hours, but I'm guessing it's a 13-part series (I think most US series are 13 weeks, aren't they?), and I'm concerned it might start to drag after five or six episodes.

I did watch the first episode, but I wasn't blown away by it. For those who've seen the whole series - does it just cover Dead Until Dark? It seems very little has happened in the first episode, so I'm wondering if the entire series just covers the story from the first book? I'm a bit worried if it does, as I can read the book in a few hours, but I'm guessing it's a 13-part series (I think most US series are 13 weeks, aren't they?), and I'm concerned it might start to drag after five or six episodes.

I am not sure Chesilbeach but I think the first series is based on 'Dead until Dark'

:lol:

I watched the first episode with my parents...you could have warned me guys! :) I hadn't read the first book at that point, so didn't know there would be quite that much nakedness in it! Or the C word. My Mum nearly fell off her chair. :lol::lol:

Still, I thought it was pretty good. Although, I'm not keen on Bill! He does look like a vampire, obviously. But I much prefer Sam! :)

I watched the first episode with my parents...you could have warned me guys! :) I hadn't read the first book at that point, so didn't know there would be quite that much nakedness in it! Or the C word. My Mum nearly fell off her chair. :lol::lol:

Still, I thought it was pretty good. Although, I'm not keen on Bill! He does look like a vampire, obviously. But I much prefer Sam! :D

Sam is very handsome and nice :)

:lol: Thanks for the heads up, Lexie! I don't think I'll watch it with my parents next time then. Far too awkward for my liking.

Oh Bookbee, I feel embarrassed for you :lol:

Still, I thought it was pretty good. Although, I'm not keen on Bill! He does look like a vampire, obviously. But I much prefer Sam! :(

:D Poor you! My b/f walked in on me watching it and I think that he thought that I was watching a mucky movie.

I didn't really like Bill in the first episode, but I am on episode 6 and I can definately see his appeal :)

Well I watched the first episode last night and had to turn it off because someone walked through (although I think that might have looked worse ;)) I was not expecting so much nakedness (to put it politely). I love it- the programme that is! One thing that made me laugh was the fangs, I don't know why but they just looked like Halloween ones I have pictures off :lol: I also noticed the way Bill says her name :) I haven't read the books yet but I will have to purchase them soon ;)

I laughed at the fangs too. They look funny! ;) I'm torn on my opinion of Bill, but I have only seen the first episode!

He gets better I think Bee. By around the 5th he was pretty much exactly as I thought he should be.