The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown

Raven

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am so mixed about Brown. I really disliked TDVC (in fact, I put it down half way through) but really liked the premise and was disappointed with the way it was written. But then I read Angels and Demons in two sittings - OK, so they aren't that well written, but it was engaging if a little unbelievable.

I was really disappointed that they didn't keep with the book for the film, though.

I may get this when I see it second hand.

I am so mixed about Brown. I really disliked TDVC (in fact, I put it down half way through) but really liked the premise and was disappointed with the way it was written. But then I read Angels and Demons in two sittings - OK, so they aren't that well written, but it was engaging if a little unbelievable.

I was actually the opposite. I liked the Da Vinci Code, and read it in a day on the plane. I spotted it in America and it was the new cool thing. As for Angels and Demons, It was Ok. Maybe I did not like the subject matter as much. :D

As for The Lost Symbol. I am taking it with me on Thursday so I hope that it is good. I want to read it more for being able to have an opinion on it, rather than wanting to read the book. :D

I just found TDVC really hard to get into - but that may have just been me, for I know a lot of my friends really rated it! I may try again another time, but I can't remember where I put my copy!

If you can't find your copy, go to my local charity shop they had over 10 copies there today! :D

• 2 years later...

I'm quite tempted to read The Lost Symbol. But I'm afraid of reading spoilers here by accident. Would you recommend it?

Generally I like to keep things realistic, though a sense of realism isn't the same as realistic. I would settle for the former. I have enjoyed some conspiracy type thrillers by John Grisham and David Baldacci.